Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New (to me) Traditions Yukon

Old 10-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

the firing pin stuck in the primer and didn't retract
Hmm, I wonder if the firing pin tip is too sharp and needs to be rounded off. I would try Semisane's suggestion before experimenting with primers. If the tip is sharp might use fine sandpaper instead of the emory cloth, you dont want to take too much off.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:30 AM
Spike

I have the same gun and bought it two years ago. I had the same problem and sent it back as well. They first sent me a firing pin which I put in and when it didnt fix the problem is when I sent it in. Well to make a long story short I believe it is just the style on the gun as they said they found no problem. I get it to shoot everytime by making sure the slide that has the firing pin is lined up with the barrell. I just run my finger along the top of it. It you really jam it up after putting the primer in it doesnt sit right. I just learned to deal with it as I dont hunt much with the ML and I really dont know what else to do. Hope this helps in some way.
Fosser