Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

so many projects so little time (and money)

Old 09-25-2011, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default so many projects so little time (and money)

in the last month I picked up 3 new guns. (mosin nagant, bp 6 shooter, and another knight).

right I am trying to get at least one gun ready for hunting season. start my stock for my win apex, getting scopes and other things for 2 new guns. and then bore sighting them.

then something i post on another thread, "if the tc hawken was my gun, i would put an 1:28 twist barrel on it from Green Mountain barrels." that is where i am in trouble." I want to do it lol

please I need help, someone talk me out of even thinking about starting, an tc hawken or renegade project.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:26 AM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by corey012778
in the last month I picked up 3 new guns. (mosin nagant, bp 6 shooter, and another knight).

right I am trying to get at least one gun ready for hunting season. start my stock for my win apex, getting scopes and other things for 2 new guns. and then bore sighting them.

then something i post on another thread, "if the tc hawken was my gun, i would put an 1:28 twist barrel on it from Green Mountain barrels." that is where i am in trouble." I want to do it lol

please I need help, someone talk me out of even thinking about starting, an tc hawken or renegade project.
I can't talk you out of it because I think the more barrels you have for a hawken or renegade the better. So I say get a 45 cal 1:28 , a 54 cal 1:70 and a 50 cal 1:28 to start with . Then decide after that what should be next.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:35 AM
Spike

Magic pm sent
Old 09-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mountaineer magic
I can't talk you out of it because I think the more barrels you have for a hawken or renegade the better. So I say get a 45 cal 1:28 , a 54 cal 1:70 and a 50 cal 1:28 to start with . Then decide after that what should be next.
darn it man, gotta do my apex stock first. lol