Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I trust Knights and you should to.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

The groups from my last range trip with my Omega .45 were only 50yds to get the new scope ready for 100yd shooting. I have yet to shoot since then since my club experienced alot of damage from the flooding that occurred a week of so ago. All ranges have been closed for repairs.

This was my sight in target at 100yds last year with the same gun and a Nikon Omega 3-9x40 BDC scope. Load was 110gr BH209, 200gr SST in blue Harvester sabot.

This was another 100yd group with 100gr BH209.

Just wanted to clear things up that the groups posted were only 50yds.

My most favorite inline right now is my TC Pro Hunter w/.45 Encore Bergara barrel.

My .45 Elite did this at 100yds with 100gr BH209 and a 200gr SST and 195gr Barnes MZ. Groups opened up with 110gr. and 120gr.

We all have our favorites. I own a bunch and try my best to shoot them all. This puppy has been neglected and is starting to get ticked at me for not taking it out to play.

Harvester 330gr Hardcasts at 100yds.

115gr BH209 and a 330gr Hardcast kicks like a mule!
Old 09-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by builder459
Triumphs,endeavors,moutaineers,LRH,accura's all of them are more than capable of 4" at 200 yds with all the wiz bang powders and primers.

I don't agree with that statement. And I would go as far as betting alot of money that maybe one or two out of every ten members on this board can shoot a consistent 4" group at 200 yards with their MZ.

And I would also bet that the vast majority of the MZ's out there will not shoot a 4" group at 200 yards regardless of who the shooter is.

I have been around way to many MZ's to think that there is even a grain of truth in your statement. No way!!

And how many actually put that guarantee in writing?? How many??

Shooting an MZ at 50 or 75 yards is one thing. Shooting an MZ at 200 yards is a totally different ball game. Tom.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

Sabotloader,
My .45 Omega, to the best of my knowledge, was bought by the origional owner with the laminated TH stock. It still has the QLA. The only thing that was done with it was the flash hole was drilled out to .035. I have since replaced it with an origional plug with whatever flash hole size TC uses and it does great with BH209. It has never misfired on me.

You might be thinking of my .45 Encore Bergara barrel that Bellm cut the QLA off and recrowned.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by chetmarks
That's a valid point. I sometimes forget that the open plains where you can see for miles and miles is not the average hunting ground for most. And I never meant to imply that only knights shoot accurate, I only mean that the Knights I have are more accurate or were easier to find an accurate load for than any other gun I have. It something that can't be explained really. A person justdevelopers an affinity for a certain thing and others become secondary. For some it's TC, Cva or knight. Or fords instead of mopar etc. But once that affinity developes a person will stand up and defend their choice to the very end. for me that's the Mountaineer, at the moment anyway
Now there is a statement, i will 100% agree with!!!

Like i have said, I wish there was a dealer or a owner close to me so i could shoulder one.... but, to date I have never shouldered a better feeling MLer than my Endeavor and that is what matters to me.... accuracy is a side note, to me they all shoot sufficient enough to do the job, out to 200yds..

I am not knocking the knight, i just find it hard to believe that it is better quality or a better shooter than my endeavor... I know some have had issues with theirs but mine is stock out of the box and have no problem wearing a 1" bullseye out of a target at 100 yards.. and in reality that is all you can ask and is a dead deer.....

Sorry Omega I thought that was a 100yd. target....

Last edited by EndeavorShooter; 09-17-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HEAD0001
I don't agree with that statement. And I would go as far as betting alot of money that maybe one or two out of every ten members on this board can shoot a consistent 4" group at 200 yards with their MZ.

And I would also bet that the vast majority of the MZ's out there will not shoot a 4" group at 200 yards regardless of who the shooter is.

I have been around way to many MZ's to think that there is even a grain of truth in your statement. No way!!

And how many actually put that guarantee in writing?? How many??

Shooting an MZ at 50 or 75 yards is one thing. Shooting an MZ at 200 yards is a totally different ball game. Tom.
Tom, did yah click on the link attached to the statement lol. that was 220 yards with a plunger style rifle,#11 cap and pyrodex.also my friend i said the guns and agree with you that not everyone is capable of 4" at 200 yds..
Old 09-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Omega45
Sabotloader,
My .45 Omega, to the best of my knowledge, was bought by the origional owner with the laminated TH stock. It still has the QLA. The only thing that was done with it was the flash hole was drilled out to .035. I have since replaced it with an origional plug with whatever flash hole size TC uses and it does great with BH209. It has never misfired on me.

You might be thinking of my .45 Encore Bergara barrel that Bellm cut the QLA off and recrowned.
that might have been because I thought you had cut the QLA off and had done some stock work...
Old 09-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

The only stock work I have done to any of my muzzleloaders was to fit this and it was a chore!! I should have bought the varmint stock instead of the sporter. Would have saved me alot of sanding.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both your guns are vertical stringing pretty bad. If you increase the charge those groups will really tighten up. I'm not suggesting you shoot more then what your gun can handle. I know you are safe with a Knight Elite.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes I do not let the barrel cool properly when its hot out. Time will tell with the Omega. The 50yd groups were shot with 105gr of BH209 so I will see how it does at 100yds with that load. Actually I just threw 25 charges with 72gr of BH209 threw my new Chargemaster 1500 tonight. 72gr by weight is just a tad more then my volume measurer throws set at 105.

GM54-120,
25 charges thrown, zero errors. This Chargemaster is sweet!
Old 09-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by INRecordBookBuck
but, to date I have never shouldered a better feeling MLer than my Endeavor and that is what matters to me....

I am not knocking the knight, i just find it hard to believe that it is better quality or a better shooter than my endeavor...
You should take your Endeavor and start your own blog and stop adding your Endeavor to everyone who post about any Knight rifles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.