Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

A great year for draws.!!!

Old 09-15-2011, 10:13 AM
mountaineer magic

Talking A great year for draws.!!!

I checked draw results for the wildlife refuge and muzzy seasons. This year has been a great year for draws. I got a buck tag for bow, a buck tag for antelope, a buck tag for rifle, a buck tag for the wildlife refuge and a buck tag for muzzleloader season. So no matter when I go out or with what weapon or season the opportunity for a buck is there. Of course I have lots of doe tags as they are plentiful for every season, but if I do see the deer of a lifetime I will be ready.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck

Last edited by Grouse45; 09-15-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's great Chet!. I drew no muzzle loader hills tag for buck, and i was really wanting it. No doe tags for the hills this year, so it was my only chance to hunt the hills during muzzle loader season.

However, i did draw a double doe tag for the refuge. Have never been there, so wife and i will be passing through Batesland soon, on our way to the refuge and on into Nebraska. We will park the trailer at Cottonwood Lake in Nebraska, and check out Lacreek Refuge, and the sand hills of Nebraska.

Let me know if you wish me to bring you some bullet to try. There are some of them 250g Deep Curl here that haven't even been shot yet.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:46 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
That's great Chet!. I drew no muzzle loader hills tag for buck, and i was really wanting it. No doe tags for the hills this year, so it was my only chance to hunt the hills during muzzle loader season.

However, i did draw a double doe tag for the refuge. Have never been there, so wife and i will be passing through Batesland soon, on our way to the refuge and on into Nebraska. We will park the trailer at Cottonwood Lake in Nebraska, and check out Lacreek Refuge, and the sand hills of Nebraska.

Let me know if you wish me to bring you some bullet to try. There are some of them 250g Deep Curl here that haven't even been shot yet.

That would be cool. Thanks. Did you apply for October or November refuge hunt? I have October. I have hunted there the last 5 years, If you want I could show you some nice areas . Also there is a free campground right at the refuge . You are welcome to stay here also if you want. PM me if you are interested in me showing you some areas on the refuge . getting a couple of Does won't be a problem there.Thanks for the bullet offer.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

chetmarks

I just dropped a package in the mail to you... USPS hope they come to Batesland...

So from your deduction - Who is the alter-ego... me or grouse?
Old 09-15-2011, 02:07 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by sabotloader
chetmarks

I just dropped a package in the mail to you... USPS hope they come to Batesland...

So from your deduction - Who is the alter-ego... me or grouse?
Thanks for the surprise package. As far as altar ego I figure you joined in 2004 so the altar must be Grouse. I personally would have never suspected youI figured for sure the Devil and Grouse were one and the same person

Old 09-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by chetmarks
Thanks for the surprise package. As far as altar ego I figure you joined in 2004 so the altar must be Grouse. I personally would have never suspected youI figured for sure the Devil and Grouse were one and the same person
see that is what happens when you syco-analize and use logic on top of that...
Old 09-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chetmarks
That would be cool. Thanks. Did you apply for October or November refuge hunt? I have October. I have hunted there the last 5 years, If you want I could show you some nice areas . Also there is a free campground right at the refuge . You are welcome to stay here also if you want. PM me if you are interested in me showing you some areas on the refuge . getting a couple of Does won't be a problem there.Thanks for the bullet offer.
My tags are for October. We are planning to leave here Tuesday morning. We didn't know there was camping on the refuge. We plan to camp there now that we know it is an option. Your help; advice about hunting the area will be appreciated. We will bring bullets. It would be good if i could shoulder, and examine the Mountaineer. Thank you for any help you can provide!

Old 09-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

What state?? Tom.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:31 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by HEAD0001
What state?? Tom.
South Dakota

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.