Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

First outing with the Knight Mountaineer

Old 09-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default First outing with the Knight Mountaineer

Well I was finally able to get my Mountaineer in and shoot it a little. Let me just say that this gun lives up to the hype that it has been given!! I was just trying to get the scope close and I was lower on powder than what I thought that I was. The load was only a 100 grains of BH 209 and since I was just trying to get the scope close I was shooting some 300gr SST's that I had with Win 209 primers. My next outing I will be shooting Lehighs in either the 275gr. or the 300gr, depending on which one shoots the best. I also want few more fps, so I will up the charge of BH. There is 6 holes in this target, the one on the very bottom was the first and I made an adjustment to the scope and brought it up to the rest of the group, which was a 5 shot group. The last two shots are practically in the same hole in the bullseye!! Oh yeah this is at a 100 yards off of a Lead Sled. Yep, she is a keeper to me.
Hey Tom, I know you take some heat from some of the guys on this forum for being a Knight lover, but when they do this right out of the box, I say LOVE em!! My new TC Pro Hunter, I couldn't get it to shoot anything under 2.5 to 3 inches and it cost me more than my Mountaineer.
First outing with the Knight Mountaineer-target.jpg
Old 09-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO....Who wanted to see groups? Sale that Pro-hunter and get ready for the new 45Mountaineer. Hopefully by early spring. AWESOME shooting BTW.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Very nice shooting.. that is impressive
Old 09-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Can't you do any better than that onetohunt? You missed the X four out of five shots.

Great shooting there my friend. It sure looks like the Mountaineer is the real deal.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
LMAO....Who wanted to see groups? Sale that Pro-hunter and get ready for the new 45Mountaineer. Hopefully by early spring. AWESOME shooting BTW.
I sold that Pro Hunter a long time ago!!
Old 09-15-2011, 02:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think I already ruined chetmark's thread about his Mountaineer so all I have to say is that's some darn good shooting..
Old 09-15-2011, 03:20 AM
Typical Buck

very nice shooting and a great group by both the shooter and gun.... guns definatly a keeper!!!

but, on a side note Grouse must be seeing something, I am not.... I have seen plenty of groups just as tight from other guns and shooters.... guess I need this explained to me....
Old 09-15-2011, 03:23 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by pluckit
I think I already ruined chetmark's thread about his Mountaineer so all I have to say is that's some darn good shooting..

not sure, I seen it the same way... all you did was make an observation and state the truth... can't see anything wrong with that and it didn't seem chet had issue with it...
Old 09-15-2011, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by onetohunt
I sold that Pro Hunter a long time ago!!
Then your ready
Old 09-15-2011, 05:37 AM
mountaineer magic

Excellent shooting. What seems amazing to me is the variation in powder and bullets yet great accuracy. We were both shooting totally different combinations but both with great results. But there is one problem with your post. You didn't have a picture of the gun

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.