Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Another Mountaineer outing

Old 09-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I gotta quit looking at that gun Chet. That really is nice.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pluckit
But I also have to say that I believe there are much less expensive rifles, and cheaper shooters, that can shoot as well.
Nobody could ever argue that but they will. The Mountaineer is for real, and no production ML that i ever used matches the quality and accuracy to date. The T/C Triumph and the Knight Disc Elite used to be my favorite two Muzzleloaders.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Nobody could ever argue that but they will. The Mountaineer is for real, and no production ML that i ever used matches the quality and accuracy to date. The T/C Triumph and the Knight Disc Elite used to be my favorite two Muzzleloaders.

wow really full of Knight tonight, aren't we...and no matter how full of yourself you are, does not make that a true statement....

I have seen an omega shoot cloverleafs at 100yds and 1" 5 shot groups at 100yds.... and you really think a Knight can do better???? maybe equal but, not better... and the Omega new was less than half the price....

I will give you the mountaineer does beat the omega in construction and looks... but, at that price it better because that is what it has going for it..... it does not shoot any better, that i can tell.... and to say otherwise is BS.....

Last edited by EndeavorShooter; 09-14-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by INRecordBookBuck
wow really full of Knight tonight, aren't we...and no matter how full of yourself you are, does not make that a true statement....

I have seen an omega shoot cloverleafs at 100yds and 1" 5 shot groups at 100yds.... and you really think a Knight can do better???? maybe equal but, not better... and the Omega new was less than half the price....

I will give you the mountaineer does beat the omega in construction and looks... but, at that price it better because that is what it has going for it..... it does not shoot any better, that i can tell.... and to say otherwise is BS.....
Why do you insist on ruining other peoples threads? Why cant you wait until i start a thread and ruin it? That's all you can offer is entertainment for some.

The Omega is a great ML, it will also shoot circles around your over priced Endeavor/Pro-hunter out of the box day in and day out. I cant wait to hear your intelligent opinions on this. This thread has nothing to do with T/C.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

How could anyone look at that rifle and those targets and not drool?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

While every gun owner feels some amount of the pride of ownership in the guns that they own, some guns seem to naturally elicit more pride than others.
There's intangibles and ergonomics that simply make some guns more lovable to some people verses others.
The Mountaineer is one of those guns that's easy to see why anyone would be proud to own it.
And it's not always about accuracy or cost. It's simply the pride of ownership and there's really nothing that can come between any gun and its owner that can change that feeling. That's what true love is all about.

Last edited by arcticap; 09-14-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

These guns are fun to shoot!!
Old 09-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

The Sportsman's Guide has a lot of new production Knight rifles for sale. Click the check mark next to where it says brand and click on Knight rifles.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/b...pp=96&ra=false

Last edited by arcticap; 09-14-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK, maybe I'm a little bit jealous that I can't afford to own one. But I just wanted people to understand, not necessarily the regulars on this forum but the novices to the sport, that you don't have to drop a bundle on a rifle to get good 100 yard groups like that. And as for a rifle being easy to find an accurate load for. I have only had trouble finding a sweet load for one rifle, and that rifle is a Knight. Don't get me wrong, I am certainly not bashing Knight rifles. I would be crazy to do that. I think sometimes I have just been lucky in my choice of loads when it comes to working one up for a gun, but with the Knight that I have, it is taking a lot more work. I am certain that I WILL find a good load for it and that I will post respectful 100 yard groups from it when I do. By the way, If you ever get tired of shooting, cleaning and oiling that pretty thing, I would be happy to take it off your hands at no charge to you.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by arcticap
While every gun owner feels some amount of the pride of ownership in the guns that they own, some guns seem to naturally elicit more pride than others.
There's intangibles and ergonomics that simply make some guns more lovable to some people verses others.
The Mountaineer is one of those guns that's easy to see why anyone would be proud to own it.
And it's not always about accuracy or cost. It's simply the pride of ownership and there's really nothing that can come between any gun and its owner that can change that feeling. That's what true love is all about.
Well said Sir. I feel the same about the Traditions Deerhunter kit rifle I just built, and not including the supplies needed to finish the stock and barrel it only cost 248 dollars shipped.And I overpaid for it by 60 dollars. I love the fit, feel, looks, and craftsmanship (mine) of the rifle. Not to mention that it is a superb shooter.
I apologize if I have sidetracked your tread Chet. I had no intention of detracting from your beautiful rifle or excellent group.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.