Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC and advertising dollars

Old 09-14-2011, 04:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default TC and advertising dollars

I know this is a little off topic but I was watching the Outdoor channel this morning before leaving for work and got to thinking.
TC seems to sponsor about 95% of the shows on this network as well as the shows on Versus. I can't begin to imagine how much they spend each year on advertising as well as paying the people like Jim Shockey and Micheal Wadell to push their product. Thoughts, Opinions?
Old 09-14-2011, 04:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Look at the price of the new Omega. Its all marketing shares. If most gun companies based their sales strictly on quality of the rifle, there would be a very equal market place. But the trick is to make you believe that by purchasing a T/C you have the very best and that all others will envy you.

Knight used to be big in advertizement. And I think as the get their program up and running you will see Knight step in there. They have a great product and need to get the word out to the buying public. Some people believe it or not still are under the impression that Knight folded.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 80% of businesses that fail are largely due to lack of advertising.it's also a tax write off. the new owners of T/C have always been involved in huge advertising campaigns with great results. Ray
Old 09-14-2011, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no doubt that TC sells as many guns as they do simply because of their advertising. Most of the guys I hunt with only shoot TC because that's what they see on TV.

It would be nice to see some competition in the advertising realm.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

Yes, I am sure everybody are mindless idiots that just think something is a good product because shockey or waddell uses it... it wouldn't have a thing to do with it being an excellant product with outstanding reviews all over the net from other users...
Bottom line.... TC has a great product that is appealing to customers by looking good, shouldering good, and having the accuracy to match any on the market... if they can produce a product like that, pay for the advertising they do and still make a profit.... they are doing something, Right!

Last edited by EndeavorShooter; 09-14-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

You can't stay on top of a market, unless you are top of mind with potential customers.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Palehorse
You can't stay on top of a market, unless you are top of mind with potential customers.
Amen to that.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

i dont mean to start a debate on which is better, but CVA has come light years in muzzleloaders, i shot my optima against an encore. result, both guns shot great, price was the difference
Old 09-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought my TC ProHunter because of how much my buddies liked theirs. After I bought mine I realize they were right.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by fusion
Thoughts, Opinions?
I've never watched these channels or shows. But in the past year or so TC laid off workers and their operations as an entire manufacturing unit were being subsidized by their parent company Smith & Wesson. Luckily S&W is profitable enough in these times to continue to have faith in their investment in TC.
Even if TC's BP gun market share stays the same, they lose numerical volume simply due to the dwindling economy. So not only do they need to compete against imports, but they need to convince folks why they need to buy a new and better replacement gun.
They're one of America's oldest BP gun manufacturers, and they have a sterling reputation for customer service with a no BS lifetime warranty.
That's something that they have successfully relied on for success in the past, and they will need to continue relying on it to survive these current tough times too.
Advertising makes mass production possible, and among other factors, increased mass production makes for lower prices.
I'm always pleased whenever I see some TC guns for sale at lower discount prices in any Walmart right along side the imports.
That really helps TC stay competitive right where folks are often entering the BP gun buying market for the very first time.
Folks can't do much better than buying a TC rifle but they can sure buy a gun that's a whole lot worse. It's always a pleasure to promote such a fine company as TC.
Anyone that's owned one of their sidelocks knows what kind of free warranty repair parts and services that they have continued to provide over so many years to folks who aren't even the original owners.
What a testament to TC's faith in the continued brand loyalty of their faithful customers. They know that eventually folks will return the favor and buy new TC products again and again.

Last edited by arcticap; 09-14-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.