Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My Vision is better ,No eye doctor needed.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:23 PM
mountaineer magic

Default My Vision is better ,No eye doctor needed.

My vision is much better and i didn't even have to go to the eye doctor, just the hardware store!
I put an Omega 1.65 X 5 Omega on it. It has already been shortened, a new recoil pad and a Blackhorn 209 breechplug. Now if I can just make time to see what it likes to eat. I should take some photos. I will try to do that. it is the full camo one that I got from a forum member.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

I should take some photos.
You should not have even posted without photos, dammit! Weasel's gonna get `ya.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by chetmarks
My vision is much better and i didn't even have to go to the eye doctor, just the hardware store!
I put an Omega 1.65 X 5 Omega on it. It has already been shortened, a new recoil pad and a Blackhorn 209 breechplug. Now if I can just make time to see what it likes to eat. I should take some photos. I will try to do that. it is the full camo one that I got from a forum member.
i wanna see pictures
Old 09-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can he be banned for that?
Old 09-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

A weasel attack is far worse than being banned.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:09 PM
mountaineer magic

Ok OK I get the point. here's some pictures. Not Devil quality but pictures none the less.
Let me explain how it process went. First off when I got home yesterday the big brown truck had been there. I figured the first thing I needed to do was to get it field dressed properly. As you can see in pic 1 I carefully gutted her without cutting deep enough to reach the insides. I just cut the outer skin .In pic 2 you can see that I turned the blade edge up and slit down the belly to expose the guts being careful not to damage anything. I skinned it completely and let it hang over night.
Today I finished dressing it out , thats pics 3 and 4 . What you think?
Attached Thumbnails My Vision is better ,No eye doctor needed.-v1.jpg   My Vision is better ,No eye doctor needed.-v2.jpg   My Vision is better ,No eye doctor needed.-v3.jpg   My Vision is better ,No eye doctor needed.-v4.jpg  

Old 09-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

It looks nice Chet. When you say it was shortened do you mean the stock was shortened to make it a youth rifle?
Old 09-13-2011, 03:25 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by flounder33
It looks nice Chet. When you say it was shortened do you mean the stock was shortened to make it a youth rifle?
It wasn't shortened but a little bit , not enough for a youth. I think the LOP on visions are a little to long . I think it was only shortened about an inch or less. Somebody on here could probably tell us exactly how much

Old 09-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do those Visions have a removable trigger?
Old 09-13-2011, 03:33 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by flounder33
Do those Visions have a removable trigger?
Yes or at least I was told they do. I don't know much about them but thought I would try it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.