Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The Camo store came to my House

Old 08-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default The Camo store came to my House

Tony called this evening, as he was coming up from Lewiston. He wanted to make a delievery - and I wanted the goods.

I had sent my black MK-85 stock, InRecordBookBuck's, black Triumph stock, and Grouse 45's Nikon down to get the treatment.
Tom's scope got the Winter Camo treatment and in the beginning I was going to go with that on my MK stock.

Shane's stock was headed down for the Next G-1 Vista Camo... I do not remember for sure he decided on that one but after he did I also thought it would be a better fit for me. The Vista pattern has enough green and white in it that i felt I could use it both in the regular season vegetation and even in the snow during our late season.

Heck the deer or elk do not care anyway... I just like it because it breaks up the profile of the stock and it make feel good...
Here are the pics...

Shane - i am hoping to get your Omega in the mail and on the way back to you Monday

Tom yours should go out Monday also via UPS...
Old 08-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Very Nice Sabot, I saw that process on TV a while back--Why couldn't I think of that?
Is the finish durable or guaranteed?

Mark
Old 08-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Fork Horn

When I see these nice painted stocks, I start to get a notion to try to paint my plain black stock. Maybe one of these days, but these pictures don't help.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:21 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks Mike, that really looks good!!!!! still no rush, when ever you get a chance to go or are already going to the post office.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:34 AM
Typical Buck

They look great guys!!! You need to try and use that Mossy Oak though!!!!!!(signature)
Old 08-20-2011, 07:04 AM
mountaineer magic

Very nice looking. Makes me want to send you a gun to have done in snow camo.
What about predator camo do they offer that pattern?

Old 08-20-2011, 07:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Very nice looking. If you're in to camo. I like Tom's scope. That is sharp. And that Omega is beautiful. If I were to have something like that done, it would be foolish for me to go with Camo green. Since our season is winter and there is snow and nasty all around that time if the year a nice winter pattern would best suit me. Something like Tom's scope pattern would be about perfect. But they did turn out nice.

As for the durability question.. how good is it? And does things like solvent and oils effect it?
Old 08-20-2011, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

oh, the reason i went with the vista pattern is because my Encore already has snow camo on it, and i thought I could use this pattern for the early season...the deer don't care but i wanted a little change....

Last edited by EndeavorShooter; 08-20-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by zakjak711
Very Nice Sabot, I saw that process on TV a while back--Why couldn't I think of that?
Is the finish durable or guaranteed?

Mark
All I can say is that I have been using my original Snow Camo stock on two different rifles for 3 years now and it shows no sign of wear. And I am not the easiest person in the world on a stock. That is why I had to go to composite stocks vs wood.

This is my first stock that gets moved from this 50 cal MHC to a 45 cal Elite.

It has been well used.

I have 3 Knight older stocks that came with a factory camo pattern and all of them have missing bits here and there and seem to chip fairly easily.

Tony's (www.filmdipper.com) procedure after the camo dipping process is what really makes of gives the finish durabilty. He uses a satin finish product of some type to seal everything up and give it durability. When we first started talking about the camo process, he told me about all the steps that the stock goes through to be completed. His process is not all that simple... He did tell me about what he does to help insire durabilty but that was so long ago I have forgotten. Give him a phone call I know he will explain it.

Cayugad... with all the different products that I have used for cleaning - I have not found anything that has harmed the stock - but I have not applied the know harmful things like brake cleaner.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Well that is good to know. That is a nice looking pattern. That really would match the marsh/tree cover I hunt in the winter. If course, what good is a camo pattern when they make you wear blaze orange to hold it? Never could figure that I. I look like a giant red Michealin Man, standing out there or up in a tree.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.