Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Getting ready for a good season.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Grouse45
We can only use a Flintlock in ML season for Buck and Doe.
I know. That's why I wish we had one here. Do you hunt it?
Old 08-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

I thought braving the elements and freezing your sack off.....is all part of hunting.... you guys are soft.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by INRecordBookBuck
I thought braving the elements and freezing your sack off.....is all part of hunting.... you guys are soft.
We hunt at 11,000 ft. How about you?
Old 08-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

We need these blinds because Ohio Makes our Muzzle loader week in Freekin January! Say Hi to Mr Heater I say.

I don't have buffalo skin to keep me warm.

Doug
Old 08-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Doug100g
We need these blinds because Ohio Makes our Muzzle loader week in Freekin January! Say Hi to Mr Heater I say.

I don't have buffalo skin to keep me warm.

Doug

Maybe it seems so cold, because YOU"RE JUST SITTING THERE.

Get out and move around. You'll be sweating in no time. Do you think Colorado is warm?
Old 08-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
We hunt at 11,000 ft. How about you?

Nope but have MLer hunted in -10 and a -35 windchill in a stand....hand warmers in my boot and gloves and shivering to get warm.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Flintlock season is the day after Christmas here in PA. I pretty much at least shoot one Deer with it a year. I dont talk about it much because most people don't really understand Flintlocks or even use them.

Guys on here complain way to much about in lines to be able and successful with a Flintlock. I shoot 300grn QT's and Goex. Trying to get a bullet made for 1/48 twist but have not had any luck lately.

Goex is getting some crap about there powder being weak. I hope they dont change it because my Lyman Deer Stalker is only rated for 100grns by volume.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought it was a primitive season? They make you use a flintlock, and not a PRB?

That's lame.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I thought it was a primitive season? They make you use a flintlock, and not a PRB?

That's lame.
They just changed that about 6 years ago, i'm glad they did. PRB'S are like Knuckle balls in my opinion. No scopes aloud either. I shot many Deer with PRB"S, the Deer deserve much better.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

What the crap? What happen to going out to public land and walking? No baiting, no grow your own buck, sit in a warm building and wait for your 50 yard shot? That would just drive me nuts. Your not even stalking the prey. I have more fun in stalking then shooting anymore. Do I get record or even big bucks? No, but I have fun. I wonder how many people could actually handle the way I was taught to hunt. Avg day is 10 miles no matter how warm or cold. I remember numerous times hunting till noon and sitting down for lunch to find out your water is froze as is the sandwiches. Gotta start a fire to thaw everything out. Then shooting something and draging it 4 plus miles. Now thats huntin!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.