Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Off Topic - Curious Bear

Old 07-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Off Topic - Curious Bear

I've seen this before, and It may have been posted here. But it's a fun watch for anyone who hasn't seen it.

http://www.wimp.com/curiousbear/
Old 07-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol i thought it was the one where the bear made it to the stand ..i mean almost climbed in the chair lol, but it wasnt..its a good one, almost like a bad dog, when it knows its wrong er somethin. lol head down and out
\
Old 07-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Dominant Buck

We might laugh at that video, but believe me it is scary when that happens.

I live in prime black bear country. One night I came home, hit the electric garage door opener, drove inside the garage and closed the door. Walked out the back door of the garage to head to the house and the motion light came on, and there stood this giant black bear about 10 feet away from me. Man I let out a WHOOP!!! and ran for the garage. But I could hear that bear breaking saplings when he was running the other way. My poor heart did not calm down for over an hour.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
We might laugh at that video, but believe me it is scary when that happens.

I live in prime black bear country. One night I came home, hit the electric garage door opener, drove inside the garage and closed the door. Walked out the back door of the garage to head to the house and the motion light came on, and there stood this giant black bear about 10 feet away from me. Man I let out a WHOOP!!! and ran for the garage. But I could hear that bear breaking saplings when he was running the other way. My poor heart did not calm down for over an hour.
lmao...whoever says they are scared-er of you than you are of the bear, hasnt had one in their face..i was choppin wood in idaho..i made a trail that melted the snow.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:48 PM
sup
Spike

I think something in that tree stand would have stunk when he put his paw on the first step.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Pretty cool. Rminds me of the time I went for a preseason scouting walk. It was windy and I was walking down a short 2 track farm lane thru the woods that went from one field to another. About 1/2 way down the road I saw a very nice blackie just waddling in my direction on my left. Head down and oblivious of my presence. He kept getting closer, and closer and then I realized the trail he was on was only about 10 feet in front of me. When he got within about 10 yds, I just spoke softly "I think you're close enough". He whipped up his head, looked at me, and I swear he turned around and took off so fast that he ran into himself. But I realized how amazing it is that an animal that big can run through the wood so quietly.