Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

When does it become overkill?

Old 07-04-2011, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Hear tell there is a place out in the Colorado Rockies where this isn't true. The laws of Physics seem to be different there.

There is a fella there that drills the flash hole of lhis breech plugs out to 0.035". Once this is done, he has written more than once on more than one forum, the flash hole grows no larger even after thousands of shots. Anywhere else in the Universe, flash holes grow with each shot i.e. they 'break', or wear or whatever. All things breaking or wearing out, is because 'entropy' increases everywhere. This is a universal law of physics. However, there seems to be an anomaly of the universal law, in the Rockies of Colorado, where flash holes stay at 0.035" for thousands of shots. Perhaps some physicist will one day, win the Nobel Prize when he/she studies this place in the Rockies, where entropy doesn't increase; the only place in the universe where it doesn't.
I just spit my coffee all over my keyboard. OMG I can't stop laughing. You guys kill me.

D