Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

When does it become overkill?

Old 07-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Banned

This'n will do all that i need her to do and do it gracefully

Doesn't matter how much you pay for something, a turd will always slip into the bunch and cause that person to hate the entire brand while others love it.

All things will end up breaking in one way or the other, its just a matter of when.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

The single most important thing in killing game is the hunter. The gun only needs to be good enough to put a bullet in the killing zone.

The rest is all fluff.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
.................................All things will end up breaking in one way or the other, its just a matter of when.
Hear tell there is a place out in the Colorado Rockies where this isn't true. The laws of Physics seem to be different there.

There is a fella there that drills the flash hole of lhis breech plugs out to 0.035". Once this is done, he has written more than once on more than one forum, the flash hole grows no larger even after thousands of shots. Anywhere else in the Universe, flash holes grow with each shot i.e. they 'break', or wear or whatever. All things breaking or wearing out, is because 'entropy' increases everywhere. This is a universal law of physics. However, there seems to be an anomaly of the universal law, in the Rockies of Colorado, where flash holes stay at 0.035" for thousands of shots. Perhaps some physicist will one day, win the Nobel Prize when he/she studies this place in the Rockies, where entropy doesn't increase; the only place in the universe where it doesn't.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Banned

oh im sure they will open up some time, they just havent done it yet. For the average shooter, they will last a life time.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Hear tell there is a place out in the Colorado Rockies where this isn't true. The laws of Physics seem to be different there.

There is a fella there that drills the flash hole of lhis breech plugs out to 0.035". Once this is done, he has written more than once on more than one forum, the flash hole grows no larger even after thousands of shots. Anywhere else in the Universe, flash holes grow with each shot i.e. they 'break', or wear or whatever. All things breaking or wearing out, is because 'entropy' increases everywhere. This is a universal law of physics. However, there seems to be an anomaly of the universal law, in the Rockies of Colorado, where flash holes stay at 0.035" for thousands of shots. Perhaps some physicist will one day, win the Nobel Prize when he/she studies this place in the Rockies, where entropy doesn't increase; the only place in the universe where it doesn't.
That's because we're special.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's because we're special.
And probably rode on a "special" bus to a "special" school.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

In Minnesota all orifices get larger with use. Nuttin special about us I guess.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Semisane
School??
Old 07-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by Semisane
That lil yellow bus is called the (SHORT BUS) where i come from. no explanation should be needed
Old 07-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

No one is shooting much right now. Everyone's bored and looking for something to talk about
Especially with football season feeling like an eternity away.

I think it depends on how you want to define "quality". If quality is measured by accuracy, dependability and durability,

On the other hand, if quality is defined by aesthetics (fit, finish, style, elegance?)
Yep, like many things firearms can be judged both objectively and subjectively.

Most all guns these days are pretty high quality I'd guess.
With modern manufacturing techniques firearms are probably a lot safer, more accurate, dependable and lighter today than they were 100+ years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.