Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Getting impatient

Old 06-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Banned

Default Getting impatient

Sitting here loading up powder tubes with 100gr Blackhorn209, cleaned my scope - mounts, cleaning the range box, getting fresh targets restocked in it, making sure i have all my tools that i need.

Its horrible waiting for a new gun to come in!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

YOU, tell me about it. Last night I bought a T/C percussion lock for my Hawken stock AND ordered a new GM 1:70 twist .54 cal replacement barrel. And my daughter will probably go into labor on Wednesday so I will be going down to FL for 3 weeks. But I guess the ML can wait. I'd rather meet my two new baby grandsons. I know I will like one of them anyway. Especially with a name like Gunner - how can I not. I'll probably like the other one too. He will be called Xander. I jsut pray to God they are healthy and strong.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm just waiting for September.

ELK SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Banned

me too! 2 deer seasons for me this year! LOL

Colorado ends on the 20th and new mexico starts on the 24th. A nice 2 day break before i head up to new mexico. Hopefully the unit aint burned down by then. Freakin fire up on Raton pass is massive.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

YUMMMMMMM, Nothin like a nice elk steak with a bit of Johnny's Seasoned Salt and fresh ground black pepper grilled over a bed of coals. Toss in a cob of sweet corn and I'ma happy camper.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
me too! 2 deer seasons for me this year! LOL

Colorado ends on the 20th and new mexico starts on the 24th. A nice 2 day break before i head up to new mexico. Hopefully the unit aint burned down by then. Freakin fire up on Raton pass is massive.
I got the elk for ML season, so we'll be hunting that at the same time.

Plus I got a tag that might be for just this year. It's to thin out the does in this area. Normally, we can only hunt for bucks here. The want to make sure whoever gets the tags gets a doe, so the season is 3 months long from Sept 1st to Nov 31st. I don't want to take one right away. Then my season is done. I just love the act of hunting, so i'm going to milk it as long as I can. I'll hunt like normal and see how close I can get, but I won't pull the trigger until i'm into Nov. It will take some self control to not take the kill, but I think I can do it, and it will be fun. Plus i'm hunting for months. A rare opportunity in Colorado.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bronko22000
YUMMMMMMM, Nothin like a nice elk steak with a bit of Johnny's Seasoned Salt and fresh ground black pepper grilled over a bed of coals. Toss in a cob of sweet corn and I'ma happy camper.
Elk backstrap steak, baked potato, and corn on the cob.

I love it this much >--------->
Old 06-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sitting here loading up powder tubes with 100gr Blackhorn209, cleaned my scope - mounts, cleaning the range box, getting fresh targets restocked in it, making sure i have all my tools that i need.

Its horrible waiting for a new gun to come in!
Impatient is your middle name Jon now get out there and go shoot one of your other rifles. Ray
Old 06-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Banned

i would but all i have for bullets are some 405gr sabots and the 360 lee minies. I dont mind trying the sabots but i need to keep them until my optima comes in so i can see how they will work out in that bore.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would but all i have for bullets are some 405gr sabots and the 360 lee minies. I dont mind trying the sabots but i need to keep them until my optima comes in so i can see how they will work out in that bore.
Buy some bullets lol.how did those conicals i sent you work out? Ray

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.