Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Sinful Sisters' Twin Brothers

Old 04-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default Sinful Sisters' Twin Brothers

Well I got my LongRangeHunter .54 1:24 twist barrel in this week. Also found a TC weaver mount for it. Man did that cost me an arm and a leg. Anyhow I bought a Nikon scope for it today. The Prostaff 2x7 32mm Shotgun Hunter. Its a really nice scope. Cabelas had it for sale under a 100 dollars. I may buy another and replace the 1x Hawkin. So these are my twin brothers. Can't wait to shoot the LRH. I gotta stop visting you guys. You keep making me spend money.
Attached Thumbnails Sinful Sisters' Twin Brothers-twins.jpg   Sinful Sisters' Twin Brothers-twins-2-.jpg  
Old 04-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Very nice looking rifles there. I like that same nikon pro staff a lot.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

50calty

Shoot i saw "sinful sisters" and thought Semi had picked another one, and I actually thought he was cutting back on his aquisitions.... So I am glad to see that it is you...

Those are nice looking weapons. A 54 in 1-24 really should be interesting... Hope you get to shoot it soon...

Speaking of shooting what are you going to lqunch from that barrel?
Old 04-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I kew it, I just knew it. Sooner or later Semisane's antics would catch up to someone else. Remember this is how Sodom and Gomorrah started! If we don't nip this in the bud now, this situation will get out of control.
Even though they do look reeeeaaalll purty. Can't wait to hear how that fast twist .54 shoots.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
50calty

Shoot i saw "sinful sisters" and thought Semi had picked another one, and I actually thought he was cutting back on his aquisitions.... So I am glad to see that it is you...

Those are nice looking weapons. A 54 in 1-24 really should be interesting... Hope you get to shoot it soon...

Speaking of shooting what are you going to lqunch from that barrel?
I bought 150 sabots. 50 are for a .451 to .452 bullet and the other 100 are for .500 bullets. I plan on trying 50 300 grain XTP Mag .451. 50 350grain XTP Mag and 50 of the 500grain XTP Mag. Probably start off with 90 grains of Goex and go from there. I would like the gun to shoot the 350 grain most of the time. And the 500 grain for kicks and grins and probably bear.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Typical Buck

I use 350 gr .50 cal remington HP in my 1x48 Lyman 54 24 inch barrel with 80 gr of black. I get 3 inch groups at 50 yards with aperture sights.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thems is mighty fine looking fellas 50Cal. Looking forward to some shooting reports with that .54. Those 500 grain bullets ought to be a hoot. Is there a water jug shoot in your future?

I'm kind of worried about Bronko's comment about Sodom and Gomorrah. He knows what he's talking about because he grew up in Gomorrah (he's real old, ya know ) and has experience with how fast things can go down hill. I've kept the two GM/TC Hawkens pure with their peep sights. But have to admit to thinking about how nice they would be with scopes. NAW. I've sinned enough.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Thems is mighty fine looking fellas 50Cal. Looking forward to some shooting reports with that .54. Those 500 grain bullets ought to be a hoot. Is there a water jug shoot in your future?

I'm kind of worried about Bronko's comment about Sodom and Gomorrah. He knows what he's talking about because he grew up in Gomorrah (he's real old, ya know ) and has experience with how fast things can go down hill. I've kept the two GM/TC Hawkens pure with their peep sights. But have to admit to thinking about how nice they would be with scopes. NAW. I've sinned enough.
Yes, there will be a water jug test. hehehehhe. I'm exicited about shooting it. Just havn't had the time lately. Bear season is still going strong. Hunted yesterday in 3 inches of snow and a ground blizzard. As soon as the season ends I will take it out and shoot it.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not quite sure how I like the scope on a caplock but you should be able to get the most out of those rifles with them.

Waiting........

HA