Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shipping from Harvester

Old 04-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shipping from Harvester

Does anyone know how much shipping is from Harvester? I was thinking about ordering some PT Golds and maybe sabots from them, but I can't find anywhere that says how much they charge to ship. I really want to try them but if it's too much I'll stick with 270 gr. Gold Dots.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's going to depend upon where you are...Add to the cart and then proceed to check out, it will tell you before you confirm the order...
Old 04-20-2011, 03:54 AM
Fork Horn

I paid a total of $38.00 for 50 sabots along with 50 260gr PT Golds bullets. When you buy from them buy enough and the shipping is better.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I thought it looked kind of expensive. I found Gold Dots locally finally at $16.50/50 for the 270 gr. Perhaps I will stick with them. On the other hand, I still have almost a hundred XTP's in 250 and 300 gr. I should probably shoot up.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just signed up and checked what it would be. $13.88. As much as I want to try the PT Golds that's not going to happen.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Have any of you noticed... shipping costs are killing these internet companies. I was going to purchase from Midway USA on a simple order and discovered that while the local store was a little more for the same thing, I saved money because of the shipping. I know a lot of the stores have little to no control about shipping, but I think others are using it as a cash cow in order to make just a little more money.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
Have any of you noticed... shipping costs are killing these internet companies. I was going to purchase from Midway USA on a simple order and discovered that while the local store was a little more for the same thing, I saved money because of the shipping. I know a lot of the stores have little to no control about shipping, but I think others are using it as a cash cow in order to make just a little more money.
I have noticed that. Those who I have asked about it tell me the gas prices are driving up the cost. As apposed to raising the cost of the product, they are raising the cost of shipping in hopes it will go back down which is easier than repricing their entire inventory. Whether or not that's true, I can't confirm. My industry (insurance) does not work with shipping goods.

I does bring up a good point though. Do the math before making purchases. Most of the time I can find deals locally that are cheaper when you factor in shipping. Just keep in mind tax as well.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats why i have been getting stuff from my local Grafs. He will sell me the same items for less than Harvester directly and the tax is less than the shipping costs. I only have to wait until he has a large enough order to buy directly also but getting sabots for $4.95/50 is worth the wait.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

These companies are ripping us off. small items such as bullets can be shipped in a flat rate box. both the USPS and UPS have flat rate shipping.most companies choose not to use it and make additional revenue from the items there selling. $13.00 to ship a box of bullets is highway robbery plain and simple. Ray
Old 04-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Banned

keep in mind that $4 a gallon gas if you to travel to get those items.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.