Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

new guy

Old 04-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

Check out Bass Pro in Foxborough, MA which is only 41 miles away from Acton. Then you can shoulder and inspect a variety of rifles. Don't forget to read their local circulars online in the right hand column of the Foxborough store webpage below.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=94&storeID=58

Last edited by arcticap; 04-05-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to the group UrbanWolf. Does your interest lean toward inlines or sidelocks? Do you plan to hunt with it, or shoot targets and plink?
Old 04-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Spike

Thanks Arcticap for the link, I will check it out.I have to go with the inline, Massachusetts law.
Semisane, I plan to hunt .Thanks for the welcome.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome to the Forum,new blood keeps it alive.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by urban wolf
Thanks Arcticap for the link, I will check it out.I have to go with the inline, Massachusetts law.
Semisane, I plan to hunt .Thanks for the welcome.
I don't think Mass has a law against sidelocks. It's the other way around in some states. (no 209 inlines)
Old 04-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

Neither the Wolf or the Impact are legal in Massachusetts. No breakopen actions are allowed there. Check the Mass laws before you buy any gun because they have some screwy laws in Mass.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

So, he'd be ok with an Omega. Out of his price range a bit.

Mass always had screwy laws. That's why I left.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome pilgrim, to the best M/L site on the web.i posted the laws for your state for you to look at.http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...-massachusetts since your cash allowance is low and before you consider buying used here is a lil gem of a inline that appears to be legal, since it not a hinged inline. all for about $170 shipped to your door. i personally own one and can verify there are built like a tank, with one of the best barrels you can buy in the M/L world and extremely accurate with saboted bullets or full bore conicals...oldenglishoutfitters.com." Knight wolverine" have fun and when you but a rifle come back and everyone here will get you set up to use it. Ray
Old 04-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome aboard,Urban Wolf.I found this board when I got my first Muzzy,been here ever since.I studied and asked questions before I ever loaded or fired it.Old style CVA Wolf.
Good,affordable,entry level gun. Good luck with your selection.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WOODTICK49
Welcome aboard,Urban Wolf.I found this board when I got my first Muzzy,been here ever since.I studied and asked questions before I ever loaded or fired it.Old style CVA Wolf.
Good,affordable,entry level gun. Good luck with your selection.
WOOD, i was also going to suggest the wolf as a alternative. problem is he can't use any m/L that opens with a hinge.i shot a wolf and for the price there a nice lil rifle. still not up to the quality of the lil Wolverine, but a nice entry level rifle ans a bit easier to clean. Ray

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.