Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC ProHunter XT

Old 04-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

It seems that everyone is split down the middle on which one they like. I think that the weathershield is a finish that is put over the blued finish of the barrel and receiver. I definantly want the gun that is going to last the longest as far as finish goes considering the amount they cost. I take care of my hunting stuff like they are my kids, but still want the toughest one I can get. Thanks for the replies and keep em" coming.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Blued will last a life time and more. I have a Thompson Center Hawkins that I bought in kit form, which means I blued the barrel myself, that is well over 20 years old and has seen at least that many years of service. You will not find a speck of rust inside the bore or a speck of rust on the outside of the barrel or lock. It was the first time I ever blued anything so it certainly wasn't an expert job but with care a blued barrel should last you for as long as you take care of it.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:38 AM
Fork Horn

I would spend the extra money and get the stainless, no doubt.