Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight LK-93 with TC 1x32mm scope

Old 03-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Knight LK-93 with TC 1x32mm scope

It was a beautiful sunny day and almost 40 degrees outside. I mean ... this is beautiful weather. So I decided to march through the snow and set up some targets. I looked at the rifles and decided to try some conicals out of the Knight LK-93. This rifle was a second hand purchase by me and the original owner was not real kind to the rifle and the bore suffered. I had JB Bore pasted the rifle twice, but the pitting and such is still very bad. But I decided to see if conical bullets would shoot out of it.

I wanted to use some Triple Seven 2f 70 grains worth. The .503 No Excuses conicals fit nice and snug in the barrel. You could push them down the bore with a thumb pressure, no short starter needed, then the range rod would seat them.

I was surprised how little that bulls eye looked through a 1X scope at 40 yards. But I started shooting anyway.

Over all the rifle shot conicals real well. I am tempted to do a mild lapp of the bore and then see what the rifle will do.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like they fit the LK about the same as they do my wolverine.what one might call, a just right fit for a conical.do you think a wad or a shot card may help with 777 and accuracy. groups look real good. Ray
Old 03-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Dominant Buck

I really can not say. I never thought to add a wad to them. I was just having fun shooting today. But for the distance I hunt, that load right there would be all the deer medicine I would need.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Big lead = Dead!

Nothing wrong with that group Cayugad. But I'd bet a card or wool wad would tighten it up a tad.

Did you swab between shots?
Old 03-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

not bad for pited barrel I bet the wads would help some
Old 03-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Dominant Buck

I swabbed when shooting because of the Triple Seven. About every fourth shot I would swab. I will have to look for some wads around here or break out the corn meal.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

are you going to make corn bread with that corn meal
Old 03-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not bad atall Dave,