Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I feel a fever coming on

Old 03-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Spike

Default I feel a fever coming on

Knight fever, Knight fever. We know how to do it. The Bee Gee's did that song back in the late 70's and now I finally understand what they meant. Got me a .50 Knight Extreme with the MHC flutted SS barrel brand new still in the box, never been shot, woow!
Only a few of those out there. Thanks for the lead Sabotloader and thank you TJJ, sorry for your loss

and so it begins
Old 03-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Washatonian

Unfortunately.... it has probably just begun (the affliction) and it gets worse as time goes.

Remember when we met in Benton City, I mentioned there may be a problem and could be hazardous to your centefire hunting. I mentioned that even before i let you handle all three of those Knights.

One thing, although there is no real help for the affliction once it bites... you are not even close to being the first person that has fallen pray to this problem. I was pretty much doing fine until I started reading about the collection that cayugad had and all the fun he was having just trying to decide what gun he might shoot on what day....

Another member GM54-120 was striken with same affliction a short time back also - you would not believe how his Knight collection has expanded.

We do have a resident shrink on this board Semisane, he always has very wise and pointed comments as to what we might have done wrong or different...

Washatonian welcome to the wonderful world of becoming a muzzleloader shooter...

April 16 will be here quicker than you think...

Last edited by sabotloader; 03-25-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im pretty sure you are going to really like that one. Im actually happy someone that wanted a good 50cal got it and that i didn't "need" to buy it just because it was a good deal on a NIB.

Ive got two "good deals" that i haven't even shot yet that were/are NIB.

I may be addicted but you are a terrible "account a bil a buddy" The only reason i didn't order a new one is with the Lehigh NFPJs, i really don't need a current model and no new 45cals yet. 45s and carbines are my weakness.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:21 PM
Spike

"Ive got two "good deals" that i haven't even shot yet that were/are NIB. "

So what you got in the boxes? Something nice I bet. You wouldn't be interested in selling one of those "good deals" would you? Just kidding. But if you were thinking about making room for a nice TH laminated stock on a new LHR or something well you know what I mean. Just kidding.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

No, i got a NIB MK85 54cal Predator and a NIB DISC Original SS in 45cal. Actually i had first "dibs" the one you got but it didn't have the laminate stock and Sabotloader let me know you wanted it so i passed it on to you guys. I really didn't need or want another 50cal.

I wanted a MHC with both stocks NIB or at least the laminate since i have a couple of composite TH stocks. About the only Knight that would REALLY perk my interest right now is an early DISC 1-20 twist 45cal or one of the rare MKs in 45cal.

I have a very early blued Elite 45cal barreled action i might part with later this year, depending on how it shoots sabotless. Its got a lot of miles on it but is in very good condition and the bore is perfect.

The FEVER never ends once you've been bitten and its a SOB to let them go.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 03-26-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:05 AM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
No, i got a NIB MK85 54cal Predator and a NIB DISC Original SS in 45cal. Actually i had first "dibs" the one you got but it didn't have the laminate stock and Sabotloader let me know you wanted it so i passed it on to you guys. I really didn't need or want another 50cal.

I wanted a MHC with both stocks NIB or at least the laminate since i have a couple of composite TH stocks. About the only Knight that would REALLY perk my interest right now is an early DISC 1-20 twist 45cal or one of the rare MKs in 45cal.

I have a very early blued Elite 45cal barreled action i might part with later this year, depending on how it shoots sabotless. Its got a lot of miles on it but is in very good condition and the bore is perfect.

The FEVER never ends once you've been bitten and its a SOB to let them go.
you should trade that NIB 45 Disc for a new Pedersoli Denali

Old 03-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

chetmarks

If i didn't have the Savage, i would think about it. The Denali is a really tough gun with a very nice quality 1-24 barrel/steel receiver and its nearly perfect for a carbine project. My Original DISC 45 is NOT supposed to be a 1-20 but the ramrod test comes back as a 1-20. Even visual comparison looks different than my Elite 45 1-30. Sam at Knight cant confirm or deny my observations without sending it to Green Mountain for inspection.

IF it really is a 1-20, that would make it extremely rare considering the serial number and i REALLY want a 1-20 for comparisons/experimenting. Its also a nearly perfect .450 bore so maybe my Harvester sabots will work even better.

I will be thinning the "heard" in mid/late summer so i will keep your offer in mind but ATM i cant let any of them go without some testing. I will keep them in like new condition and all the items that come with a NIB Knight. IMO its kinda cool to have the box and all of its contents.

The weather, work and getting the new pole barn ready before the summer heat is killing my shooting/free time. The close local range closed down too so i cant even get in a hour or two.