Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New APP - Super Powder

Old 03-19-2011, 06:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Is pinnacle still available?
Pinnacle was left without a distrributor when Hodgdon bought out Goex. Me thinks PowderInc has 2F Pinnacle.

Did pinnacle powder have limits of 250 grain projectiles?
No one knows for sure. To my knowledge Goex never published any loading info on Pinnacle.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Did you read the article by Toby? He was using a weighed 110gr load. That's a lot of powder.

It still couldn't beat a much lighter load of BH 209.

No interest on my part.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

As i remember Pinnacle was not really a bad powder. It was very consistent. It was very close to BP/Pryro in power and I do remember shooting it from a 1/48 Renegade with a 300 grain XTP.

Another thing that comes to mind... It was far better than Clean Shot and/or Clear Shot that I had at the time.

This just my opinion... but up until this time anything made by APP would come in last plast as compared to other products on the market.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Clean Shot was APP. They just changed the name.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

I'll check with our local gun shop on Monday morning before heading to work to see if he can get the Super powder for me.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Super Powder my butt.

You can't polish a turd.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Super Powder my butt.

You can't polish a turd.
But what if!!!!

Somebody is going to do it... Sometimes some big things come from some very small people trying to fill a nitch...

After all look what one man did.... Al Gore - when he invented the internet????
Old 03-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Al is special.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im skeptical too but i cant give it a fair shake if i only rely on the reviews of others. Guns, equipment and conditions vary. Im trying to be fair since there is a small chance it is possibly a new formula or variant. We now have at least three members willing to try it and share their opinions and observations. Since none have been compensated in any way then it has a better chance to be objective.

What IF MDM didn't screw up? No one took them seriously until the very end and by then it was too late...My heart still goes out to all those that lost their lives and jobs due to bad management.

BlackMag had some serious potential in the last version but it was really heavy and it was only 10oz too.

Now we have a small glimmer of hope for a 1lb bottle that might provide a consistent T7 level of performance but with less fouling. I got the new powder cheaper than i can get any sub so i felt its worth a shot.

I really want to see if it will work in the MK with a #11 or a musket cap and compare it with T7 in that application. In my area T7 is about $25 a pound excluding Wally World close outs and i won't shop at WW.

If im wrong, ive got more powder for the 4th and at a similar local cost as real black powder.

I don't expect it to hold up to their claims based on years of conflicting data and poor quality control. Ive tried 3 older APP/JSG versions and not one impressed me at all. My biggest complaint wasn't the size of the granules but that there was almost no uniformity in the shape/size. These variations made volume measurements nearly worthless and very hard to pour sometimes.

And now for something completely different.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP_tfVGKxdE

Last edited by Gm54-120; 03-19-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't blame anybody for trying it.

Personally, i'm not looking anymore. I'm more than happy with BH 209 for my inline hunting.

For my sidelocks. I wouldn't shoot anything but real BP.

I hope the new APP works out for you guys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.