Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New APP - Super Powder

Old 03-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
sabotloader

As you know im giving T7 another shot too after the recommended changes to my storing and cleaning products/procedures. I probably hate the ring as much as anyone and gave away all of my T7 until buying one more bottle a month or two ago.

I now firmly believe RemOil (Teflon) was part of the problem and also that i didn't get it all out before shooting in my WinApex. Its gone now though so i cant make a good comparison in that gun.

The new bottle of T7 is still sitting sealed until im ready to see if those changes have made a difference in my newer guns. The BB did make a difference in the old Thunderhawk after years of use. I hate the stuff too but it must have done something after years of use. Now ive gotten the new owner to use MX and your swabbing mix.

Boom.... problem solved in that gun even with 209 primers. Its a dirty beast but almost no crud ring. Im not sure if its was the MX or the years of using BB. Since i wont use BB anymore, i can only rely on my MX tests i will try soon. I will give BoreCoat a try someday too if needed.
It is all VODOO magic....
But is really cool if you were able to reduce the effects of the 'crud ring'
Old 03-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

"Just remember that MD has an agenda and T7 does not fit in that agenda..."

He does, but we're friends, and I believe he's honest with me.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Banned

them are yuppie jeeps made for the city cowboy
Old 03-20-2011, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
them are yuppie jeeps made for the city cowboy
You talking to me son?
Old 03-20-2011, 10:34 AM
Banned

forgot to add, the bore coat helps reduce the T7 crud ring, you'll still feel it but its much easier to push through with a normal ramrod. With 777 primers or cci inline mzl primers i honestly think it would be almost non existent. No one sells the cooler primers around here so i havent been able to try them yet to see what happens.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im working on a 32S&W ignition option that might be useful with T7 and the Knight NFPJ plug. Im sure it could be adapted to other plugs but the Knight plug is what i have and it will need the least amount of machine work to test.

Its going to be awhile before i even get it ready to fire but on paper it looks good sofar.

Muley Hunter

The Jeep Thing was in jest. Ive seen it so many times in the back window and thought it was an amusing analogy.

Jeeps are fun but i will settle for my Polaris Ranger XP for mild off road use. Its slow but so far i cant get it stuck and it carries all i need plus a passenger with ease. :yeah:

Last edited by Gm54-120; 03-20-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Banned

nah, jeeps are great for getting into the tight and narrow mountain trails. I have an isuzu rodeo and love it just for that, plus i can skip the tent and just camp out in the back of it with the rear seat folded down. Sure beats the heck out of using that tough riding f250.

but just the same,Scotts sells cheaper lawn fertilizer and more of it in a bag than what the american super powder offers.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
but just the same,Scotts sells cheaper lawn fertilizer and more of it in a bag than what the american super powder offers.
But if you can not give APP away and you can not put it in the trash can because that is not legal... the next best thing is fertilizer and it really did not do to bad.... At least it went away...
Old 03-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Im working on a 32S&W ignition option that might be useful with T7 and the Knight NFPJ plug. Im sure it could be adapted to other plugs but the Knight plug is what i have and it will need the least amount of machine work to test.

Its going to be awhile before i even get it ready to fire but on paper it looks good sofar.

Muley Hunter

The Jeep Thing was in jest. Ive seen it so many times in the back window and thought it was an amusing analogy.

Jeeps are fun but i will settle for my Polaris Ranger XP for mild off road use. Its slow but so far i cant get it stuck and it carries all i need plus a passenger with ease. :yeah:
I know it was in jest, but it was a good opportunity to show my Jeep.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I know it was in jest, but it was a good opportunity to show my Jeep.
And it is a dang good looking animal... but I the days that I was in the four wheel club - I was running an old original Bronco... burnt orange in color and it regularly burned off the jeeps in the club

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.