Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

A Better Target for Iron Sights?

Old 03-16-2011, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Maybe. Maybe not.

Made this one today thinking it might help my iron sight shooting using a 6 o'clock hold on the bottom point.

something from the civil war era? sorry couldn't resist.. good idea though, let us know how it works. Ray
Old 03-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't see the target you posted (the host site is blocked at work), but I made one especially for sighting in my non-scoped slug gun at 100 yards. Given that the cost of the slugs that my gun likes is about $3/shot, I wanted to make sure I was seeing bullseye at 100 yards perfectly well and not wasting any shots. I used a blaze orange piece of poster board and created the perpendicular "X" with black duct tape from the top to the bottom and one side to the other. A blind person could have seen the resulting bullseye, which was about 2 square inches. You could also use orange duct tape with black posterboard.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, I forgot I had a pic of the targets online already:

Hopefully you can see them, 'cause I can't!! If I recall, the picture doesn't show the entire piece of poster board, only enough to see the shots.

Last edited by 7.62NATO; 03-17-2011 at 11:44 AM.