Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Ultimate QRBP

Old 03-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
they do have one. CVA has listened and is on track with western powders to build them.
Here is a quote from the Max Blog:

"And while you're surfing the internet, go to CVA's website and look at what they've done to correct or help you with their breech plug ignition problems....oh, what's that you say? You can't find any link on their page to help with QRBP ignition problems? Hmmm.

After checking out each site, decide for yourself which company seems to have your best interest, your accuracy and your shooting & hunting successfulness, at heart."

Max blog linky
Old 03-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Banned

the point, CVA has listened and will offer the new plug. Thats great, saves lot of hey why doesnt it go off?

Ive only had to do a few for people, the rest have had good luck with them in factory form.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I just came back from the range. I shot 30 shots in my Omega with BH 209 and CCI 209M primers. No delays, no swabbing, and not touching the BP.

I may be nuts, but I can't see how a BP can be better than that?
How are your shot groups? you using the PT golds? and what 105-110 grs BH 209? Ray
Old 03-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
yup!! Who doesn't have a 7/16" socket in their vehicle. Toolless plugs are over rated.
I carry a old ammo box full of tools in my Jeep for unseen repairs when 4 wheeling to my favorite hunting area, scouting and camping.. Ray
Old 03-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

the point, CVA has listened and will offer the new plug. Thats great, saves lot of hey why doesnt it go off?

Ive only had to do a few for people, the rest have had good luck with them in factory form.
You evidently read a different blog than i did. What i read was CVA wasn't participating in developing a new breech plug. You also have again forgotten, that you yourself use modified breech plugs. You seem to habitually spread false information. You appear to believe, once you write something down, even if it is false, it becomes truth, but you are mistaken.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

Ron,
I got word today that CVA will be offering the new plugs around June. Max Muzzleloading and Western Powders will also have the rights to sell them also.

Apparently enough pressure was put on CVA for them to finally listen.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Banned

I use larger flash holes and now i have been using larger diameter flash channels. I never hid that. With the CCI 209 magnum primers i had great success in the beginning. Now that i know how to seal up primer blow by, that helps greatly improve performance with the plugs. Any breech plug really.

If you are reading the MAX blog then you should see that CVA is going to be going with the Western Powders design plug. One of the plugs is on the way to spain so the engineers have something to go by.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by builder459
How are your shot groups? you using the PT golds? and what 105-110 grs BH 209? Ray

I'm still waiting for my order of PT's. I've been shooting Thors. 100-110 grs. I shot a 10 shot 2" group @100yds today. The gun will do better, but I was sighting in a new scope.

I think it might shoot a tighter group with the PT's too. TC tells me the Omega is made for sabots.

No matter really. A 2" groups will kill every elk I put my sights on.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Banned

Muleys gonna be addicted ta Thors! Especially once he shoots some game with them.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Muleys gonna be addicted ta Thors! Especially once he shoots some game with them.
The problem is my barrel seems to be in between sizes. I can load the .501 with one finger, and the .502 is a struggle to get down.

Terry is going to send me some 300gr. He said the .300's fit a bit tighter, and .501 might be just right. Well see.

I'll compare the PT Gold 300gr with the 300gr Thor. The winner will be the one I hunt with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.