Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Ultimate QRBP

Old 03-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
they do have one. CVA has listened and is on track with western powders to build them.
That's good news for every CVA owner and for the industry as a whole! Ray
Old 03-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kb1
..........................plug looks like a very nice improvement on that plug but that thin leading edge on that plug looks easily prone to damage if dropped on something hard,jmho.............karl
True, i have received at least 6 of them in the mail that were damaged in shipping, due to poor packaging. One other damaged plug was tested, and the seal at the barrel was indeed compromised.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

Muley Hunter,
Your gonna need more BH209 firing at that rate! I am glad you are enjoying the Omega. Isn't it wonderful to shoot 30 shots without swabbing the bore................and not a single
misfire.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by builder459
....................i have a lot more than 100 rds through mine.
My statement was based on my personal experience with the Triumph plug. I cannot begin to tell you how many rounds have been through my plug. I can tell you this.............the flash hole is now 0.032", er, it was before i replaced it with a vent liner. In the time leading to this erosion, i managed to damage the compression rings whilst cleaning. I repaired them the best i could, but now i need to use a tool to install the plug into my Triumph. I couldn't use the supplied tool because of the scope mounted. A tool was fabricated, so to install the plug into the rifle. Then after that issue was dealt with the o-ring fell apart. It was replaced with an o-ring i found at our local ACE hardware. It isn't quite the proper fit.

One good thing; i can most of the time, remove the plug from the rifle without a tool.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Omega45
Muley Hunter,
Your gonna need more BH209 firing at that rate! I am glad you are enjoying the Omega. Isn't it wonderful to shoot 30 shots without swabbing the bore................and not a single
misfire.
Sure is. It's also nice to not be rushed into cleaning the gun too.

I might just wait until tomorrow morning to clean it.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I just came back from the range. I shot 30 shots in my Omega with BH 209 and CCI 209M primers. No delays, no swabbing, and not touching the BP.

I may be nuts, but I can't see how a BP can be better than that?
yup!! Who doesn't have a 7/16" socket in their vehicle. Toolless plugs are over rated.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
My statement was based on my personal experience with the Triumph plug. I cannot begin to tell you how many rounds have been through my plug. I can tell you this.............the flash hole is now 0.032", er, it was before i replaced it with a vent liner. In the time leading to this erosion, i managed to damage the compression rings whilst cleaning. I repaired them the best i could, but now i need to use a tool to install the plug into my Triumph. I couldn't use the supplied tool because of the scope mounted. A tool was fabricated, so to install the plug into the rifle. Then after that issue was dealt with the o-ring fell apart. It was replaced with an o-ring i found at our local ACE hardware. It isn't quite the proper fit.

One good thing; i can most of the time, remove the plug from the rifle without a tool.
ron, you do excellent work.. but i think a new BP is in order for that triumph lol. they also sell the compression rings and O -ring Ray
Old 03-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Banned

QR plugs are nice. On those hot days you can easily remove them and allow the wind to blow through the barrel and cool it down faster.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's good news for every CVA owner and for the industry as a whole! Ray
The better news for them CVA owner, is they can remedy the issue themselves.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

............... they also sell the compression rings and O -ring Ray
They wouldn't sell me the compression riings..............they wanted me to mail them my plug.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.