Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

thoughts on Diamonback Black powder (old elephant plant)

Old 02-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default thoughts on Diamonback Black powder (old elephant plant)

I figured someone has shot Diamonback blackpowder.

thoughts about it
Old 02-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Dominant Buck

I have shot Elephant Black Powder but never the stuff by this name. If it is the same powder... well it is black powder and that is about all I can say for it.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Heck Corey. You're a couple hours away from one of GOEX's major distributors. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Heck Corey. You're a couple hours away from one of GOEX's major distributors. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
get swiss?
Old 02-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Banned

yes goex or swiss. Elephant powder i hear sucks badly.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Many, and I want to stress many years ago... heck some of you might not have even been born... a friend and I got a deal on Elephant Brand Black Powder. We thought we had the world by the tail. We tried about everything we could to get accuracy with that powder and it just would not happen. And actually for a black powder, all I remember about it is swabbing the bore because it fouled the barrel so bad after each shot. Needless to say we were disappointed. We each shot off about half of the pound of powder we bought. So of what was left of the two pounds of that powder we decided to have fun. That was back when you could get nuts and the neighbors would shake their had and smile instead of call the police. And my friend lived in the country. Well we were young and stupid, but lets just say... we got rid of that powder real fast one afternoon. Made a lot of noise and smoke, and it was the best thing we ever did with that powder.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cayugad
We each shot off about half of the pound of powder we bought. So of what was left of the two pounds of that powder we decided to have fun. That was back when you could get nuts and the neighbors would shake their had and smile instead of call the police. And my friend lived in the country. Well we were young and stupid, but lets just say... we got rid of that powder real fast one afternoon. Made a lot of noise and smoke, and it was the best thing we ever did with that powder.
I bet that was fun!!! In this day and age my neighbors would certainly have me arrested if i tried something like that......
Old 02-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Fork Horn

The reports I read on the Diamond were horrible, go with something other than Diamond
Old 02-18-2011, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Corey,
How far are you from the Woodrow Wilson Bridge? I have about a pound and a half or so or Goex ffffg I no longer have any use for. If you ever get that flint lock and want to trade for some .54 cal. round balls maybe we could meet at the National Harbor or something.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

pluckit

I am about oh about 4 hours away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.