Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Woke up this morning

Old 02-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Woke up this morning

Woke up this fine morning to find some white powder outside. Even my ole Ford got a taste of it. I think the bean field in the first pic is ready to plant. Better look out semi it could be heading your way.
Attached Thumbnails Woke up this morning-img_3902.jpg   Woke up this morning-img_3904.jpg   Woke up this morning-img_3906.jpg  
Old 02-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Well I woke to about six or more inches of new snow. And it is still snowing. I called the shop where I ordered a recoil spring and new pull cord for the snow blower and they said it will not be in today like planned. It might take a day or two because of the snow. I then mentioned that until I get that rewind spring I can not use my snow blower. He told me he understood my frustration. So it looks like back to the old shovel again for me.

I then got thinking that maybe having several inches of snow on the ground is a good thing. And it can wait a few days until I get my parts and can fix the snow blower.

I was shocked looking at the weather channel the other day at the cold, snow, ice and rain that is hitting the southern end of our country. Face it, here in Wisconsin snow means nothing. We look at it like you do a good rain. But from what I understand some of the southern states become almost paralyzed from a hard snow and ice storm. I will take snow over ice any day by the way.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

They otter have a way you can wrap a rope arround the shaft to start that motor when the recoil breaks. Congrats on the Packers.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Darn nasty here too. Fifty-two degrees, overcast with a damp 20+ mph wind.

The forecast for next weekend doesn't look too bad. I may be able to get in a range session or two if I decide to brave the cold and go the the hunting lease.

SATURDAY
Sunny and cool. Lows north of the lake near 26 with a moderate to hard freeze and south of the lake near 33 with frost. Highs around 57.
SUNDAY
Mostly sunny and milder. Lows north of the lake near 28 with a light freeze and south of the lake near 34 with patchy frost. Highs around 62.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, that sounds just terrible there Semi.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

You may laugh flounder, but you've got to understand our historical average highs for Feb are in the mid-60's with average lows in the mid-40's. So lows in the 30's are cold. .................
Old 02-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Well it is 6 degrees here, snowing and very windy. I hiked out to the mail box through the snow and decided not to dawdle too much as I only had on an insulated shirt to protect me from the cold. It was brisk out.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Never needed a newspaper that badly myself.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

Talking

I awoke to a little new-fallen snow & went skiing ( much to my surprise) in waist high powder drifts at the local ski hill;
absolutely amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!!

WOW!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

From a post I did a while back in relation to a post about dumb yankees living where it snows in November. Some times even October.

From one of the dumb yankees.
Only 8 snow plows and slow at that. Any good Michigan person could plow a thousand miles of road to the hundred you red necks do.

Watching the evening news segment on the snow down there is just about as good as a old Abbot and Costello movie.

The buildings by Mickey Mouse construction are a real floor roller too, along with the belly ache from laughing so hard from 6 inches of snow colapasing a roof.

Bet ya all think the world is coming to an end and wonder where and how ya are going to get a loaf of bread.

Putting the gas pedal to the mat doesn't make you go very well. Try opening the door and reduceing the air presure in the drive tires a bit.

Never mind all that I like a good laugh, just wish they would do at least a half hour news segment every night.

Today it is 25.4F with 6.9MPH winds WSW gusting to 25MPH and a wind chill of 14.4right now. We have just over 14 inches of snow on the ground total for the whole winter due to the January thaw that took the first 9 inches of snow we had.
I went coyote hunting for a couple of hours this morning. Not bad on the south west hill sides even though the wind chill was negtive -6.
Saw one about 400 yards across a corn stubble.

Al

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.