Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Woke up this morning

Old 02-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yooper, all that white stuff done froze your brain. How else could you explain going out in those conditions looking for coyotes? This here old Southern boy knows exactly what to do about driving in the snow that hits us every seven years or so - leave the truck in the driveway, pop a good movie in the DVD, and break out some snacks and cold beer. It's going to melt in a day or two anyway.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

It was -10air temp and -25with wind chill at800 am today and I am 200 miles south of Dave no snow though
Old 02-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well got up this afternoon to get ready for work and guess what? You got it 4 more inches of snow on the ground. We dont normally get this many snows. The topper is the temp is gonna drop to 9 degrees. I think some of this northern Arkansas weather needs to drop down to southern LA for semi to contend with. What ya say about that semi
Old 02-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Banned

All that global warming you know
Old 02-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I hope your enjoying your Snow, it looks like your in for more! I for one have had it with the Snow and Cold. I grew up and have lived in NY for my Whole life, Im used to Winter, but this year has been a rough one. I dont think we have seen the Sun but 4 times since Mid November. We have so much Snow Piled up that it's not funny anymore, and add the 1 inch of Ice inbetween it from the last Storm really makes it Bad.
Last night was -14 and tonight it's suppos-to-be -20++ I cant go shoot because the Ice and Snow make it Impossible, the Deer are getting Run Down by the Coyotes because they cant run through it, I cant Hunt the Coyotes because I cant walk through it and so far this Winter I have'nt been able to have any Fun at all. I've never been so wanting Spring to get here, mabey by May if were lucky. Then in June I'll be on the Lake catching Walleye enjoying the Sun for 4 Months untill it starts all over again.
Im sure Arkansas in Shut Down with the Snow, I hope your all safe and enjoy it.
(BP)
Old 02-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
All that global warming you know
There is NO more Global Warming, now the Democrats are calling it (Climate Change) and the EPA has skipped all the Red Tape and will soon give you the relief you need with more Regulations so you'll once again enjoy the Warmth your used to during Winter, forgetting the true facts that the Earth go's in patterns and this is just one of Natures those Paths that will continue as long as the Earth is here.
The Earth is Like a Women, TOO HOT, TOO COLD, ect ect......we just all have to learn to live with it.
(BP)
Old 02-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Maybe the heat last summer did some thing. It sure wasn't the snow or the wind for that matter any winter.
I learned a long time ago to dress up for winter, even silk under wear feels nice when it is cool out and isn't heavy like the old wool long johns of yesteryear.
As far as going out coyote hunting it takes a lot of presurre off the deer herd.
We run snomobiles into several areas to pack the trails down. then in a couple of days we load the calls and such as we will need and x country ski into the area we are going to call from. I have a space blanket I spread out to lay on in the prone that way I don't catch as much wind and the youtes don't see us as easy.

One friend lives in AZ. He is always bitching it is to hot to use the pool in the day time and griping about the cost to run the AC. He has told me several times the adverage day time temp from Mid June to the end of Sept is 107 and this past summer it was worce.

Give me the snow and cold. Lots of high tec clothing to keep ya warm and none I have found to keep one cool.

I was melting wax yesterday. It was 110F in the basement and 89F in the coldest up stairs room in the house. cost for that heat was less than $10.00

Al
Old 02-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

It seems like its been a long winter so far in Minnesota also. I haven't had so much snow piled up in my farm yard in 30 years. Next week we are suppose to have a heat wave with highs in the 30s. I hope the storms are not creating too many problems for my friends to the south.

Art
Old 02-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

I've grown up in the cold and snow... but right about now I've had enough!
Old 02-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Dominant Buck

This morning I got up and it was -24.7 below. My friend along the rifle had -30 on the head he said. I carried clunkers out of the stove to the clunker barrel outside and needless to say, it was crisp out there. Embarrass MN (150 miles north west) had -39 below and remember, we are not talking wind chills. At least the wind was calm so it was not really all that cold. By 10:00 am it was almost O degrees already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.