Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What do you want to see Improved on to do with MLing?

Old 01-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What do you want to see Improved on to do with MLing?

I guess I did'nt get my point accross in my last Thread Titled ( Are you happy with the way you are now?) in it I wanted to see if you were'nt happy with your current MLer or MLer Accessories, what do you want to see Improved on that would make you Satisfied in your quest for the Ultimate Shooting MLer.
Do you want to see a Better Bullet, Sabot, Scope, MLer, Breechplug, Powder, Primer, MLer Barrel, Action, Stock, Cleaning Supplies,ect ect. Something has to have to thinking, Boy if they only could do this or improve on that then I'd be the King in the Woods and a Marksman on the Range.
(BP)
Old 01-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

I would like to see a standard barrel size among all manufacturers. When you have multiple muzzleloaders and all of them need a different sabot or bullet to fit the bore, it gets frustrating and expensive. I would also like to see better propellants. The Blackhorn 209 is a good start, but it has it's issues too.

Actually, with modern tooling and technology, I think tighter tolerances should be achieved with all aspects of modern muzzleloaders. Take primers for example. Why do they have to be so many different lengths. I understand different strengths of primers, buy can't they all be the same size?

Last edited by Michael396; 01-11-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Real simple - better eyes.

I would like to see Green Mountain produce a conical shooting drop in barrel for TC Hawkens and Renegades with bores and rifling like the Whites. DANG, that would eat into my stash of ML Play Around Dollars.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am very happy with my setup now so not sure what I would like to see change.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

I am completely satisfied with what I am shooting now.I
have enough bullets to last the rest of my deer hunting life.

TC Omega .50 cal/SS barrel,camo stock
Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40 Nikoplex/Team Realtree Camo
Leupold QD rings and base
Limbsaver recoil pad
260gr Nosler partition/MMP HPH-24 sabot

Charlie
Old 01-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Semisane they actually did make a conical shooting barrel. It is offered with a brass long scope. And my understanding was it was a 1-24 twist, made to shoot conical bullets. I really thought about getting one, but they insisted I had to buy the scope also. Even when I explained that scopes were illegal in Wisconsin. And they wanted $499.00 for the barrel and scope.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wow Cayugad, I can't believe I never noticed those on the Green Mountain site. Wouldn't have made any difference anyway. That's just too expensive with that scope, which I really don't like much. I sure wish they would produce that barrel again without the scope for their regular Replacement Barrel price.

The "Sharpshooter" barrel with scope and mounts
OUT OF STOCK - LRH barrel cut specifically for Heavy Lead Conical 50 caliber bullets, 32" length with a cut rifled 1:24" twist. The barrel is topped off with a Leatherwood Optics Malcom 6X Telescopic sight.Stock not included... $599.95
Old 01-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Dominant Buck

I wanted to purchase just the barrel. The scopes are like $300.00 something, but they would not bend on their rules. I figured that would be an great shooter.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

Just the elimination of the 777 CRUD ring and I think a lot of people would be really happy.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would like to see companies invest some R&D into the 45cal again....and get it right this time with the proper 200gr+ higher SD/BC bullets. IMO a 220-230gr 40cal (in a sabot) would be devastating with a higher SD/BC.

Until then i will keep looking at the 45cal SML options and go for the higher velocity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.