Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What do you want to see Improved on to do with MLing?

Old 01-12-2011, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
I would like to see companies invest some R&D into the 45cal again....and get it right this time with the proper 200gr+ higher SD/BC bullets. IMO a 220-230gr 40cal (in a sabot) would be devastating with a higher SD/BC.

Until then i will keep looking at the 45cal SML options and go for the higher velocity.
+1

I also would like to see a "pointy" Nosler Partition-style bullet say a 40 cal 225 grain and a 45 cal 275 grain that opens up at lower velocities but has a partition to stop expansion and ensure penetration.

Also, I would like to see some more affordable traditional kit rifle sets - seems like you used to be able to pick up a kit rifle for $150, now they're like $300 and up.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:16 AM
kb1
Fork Horn

Talking

well if were gonna dream how about a powder that could work in ANY muzzleloader
not only be corrosive free but have rust prohibative qualities as well.
no swabbing(former sailor )
at least as powerfull as T7 or blackhorn.

and a .40 220g barnes spitfire that would expand 100% reliably
at any speed or when hitting bone.

i'm not asking for to much am i...........karl
Old 01-12-2011, 07:22 AM
kb1
Fork Horn

[quote=oldsmellhound;3756489]+1

I also would like to see a "pointy" Nosler Partition-style bullet say a 40 cal 225 grain and a 45 cal 275 grain that opens up at lower velocities but has a partition to stop expansion and ensure penetration.

i see there's alot folks that like the 45cal.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Spike

I would like to see a T/C or some sort of inline with the 1-24 twist barrel for us western hunters. Maybe something with a REAL good set of iron sights on it, I personally do not like fiberoptic sights.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to see a (Cantilever Scope Mount) on a SS Barrel, not only for My CVA ACCURA with a Bergara Barrel, but one as a Option for all MLer's.
(BP)
Old 01-12-2011, 08:15 AM
Typical Buck

I hate to break the news to anyone who may not realize it but there could never be one magic bullet or powder. What I have found and I'm sure that many would agree but you can take two identical guns and they may not like the same load. That seems to hold true with both muzzleloaders and centerfire rifles. What works great in one may or may not work in the other. Seems like each barrel has thier own personality.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

How about a factory made JP Beck styled Lancaster flintlock with a .54 caliber 42 inch swamped barrel, Lancaster Daisy patchbox, AAA curly maple with a Germanic Siler lock for less than $1,000...