Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

How many of You are Happy the way you are?

Old 01-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I happy with my guns and the loads that I use in each of them. I mainly hunt with only two of my guns. My White when I'm hunting the woods and my Optima Elite when I sitting on the fields. I have seriously been thinking about buying a triumph ever since I sighted in my cousins bonecollector back in October. I would for sure buy another White if I could ever find one for sale.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

I've been told by more than my wife that I'm never satisfied.
Currently good with Pyrodex, BH209, and a number of projectiles for my percussion and my 209. Now if I had more time and places to hunt, I just, might, be satisfied.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rogo
I am almost satisfied with my ML. It is a CVA Accura and I just need to improve the breechplug a little more. I have 2 of Ron's #8 bolt bp's and they work really good. I am saving a little bit of cash so that I can get one the Breechplugs with a vent liner in it and then I think I will be completely satisfied. Out of the several different ml's I have owned in the past 12 years I believe this Accura is the best of the bunch, at least for me. Fits me well after shortening the stock (I'm just a little guy), shoots excellent and I can hit what I aim at out to 225 yards with my set-up. I think the vent liner breechplug will complete my desires in a ML and give me the final confidence that the shot will go boom without fail.
One would think that all of the various blackpowder firearm makers will design there breech plugs to ignite all BP subs reliably.CVA didn't get it right and i am darn curious to see if Knight does.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

i'm happy with my muzzleloaders and their loads. Those guns are temporarily idle while hogs fall to my .223. One or two of my muzzleloaders will go away this year because they are seldom used.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

Knight Revolution

With 100 gr of Pyrodex pellets and 250 gr Hornady SST bullets, I can put bullets touching at 100 yards. Assuming the bullets prove lethal on deer, I am perfectly satisfied. I will say that I am going to lighten the trigger but it is adjustable on the Knight so no real "change" is needed.

TC Encore

With the same powder and bullets listed above, I am hitting well enough for hunting but not as well as I would like or as well as I am with the Knight. I will lighten the trigger by getting a new spring and if that doesn't help, may try different bullets. If that doesn't help, may just live with it. I am not a paper puncher so I am not overly concerned with MOA groups.

So in summary, I am satisfied with the Knight, mostly satisfied with the Encore at least until I get a few deer with the bullets and see how they do. My main concern is little or know tracking required.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

I have a 54 TC hawken and a 50 WMC also TC. I shoot round ball over holy black and it works just fine. My deer are just as dead as the next guy's and in the woods where I hunt 70 yard shots are long. I run my own round balls and life is good.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Spike

I love my T/C Omega Z5 fiber optic sights. I shoot it with Powerbelt .50 cal 245 gr hollow points and 100 gr of Triple Seven 50/50 pellets. It was DEAD-NUTS @50 yards right out of the box!! And same as gearheart - 70 yards is a long shot where I hunt...
Old 01-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Completely happy with my setup. Barnes 250gr TMZ - Harvester Yellow CR sabot -105gr BH209 (will be tinkering with the load to see if can tighten very good groups into great groups) - Win 209 primers - TC Pro Hunter 50 cal - I do have a new # 3 Bellm trigger sear spring to put in after deer season is over to give it a lighter trigger.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I guess I never answered My own Thread. I too am Completely Satisfied with My current Mler set up. The one I rely on and trust beyond any doubt is My ACCURA Camo/SS. I have a Leupold Ultimate Slam MLer Scope on it, 240gr XTP in front of a Harevster MMP HPH 24 Sabot powered by 110gr's of Pyro RS.and a T7 Primer. This is a Tac Driver. My ACCURA will put 1" groups at 100 yds and do all most as well at 200.
Even though this is a V1 and I get a very small amount of Blow Back I can live with that part, I just could'nt justify getting a new V2 for the QRBP, even though I would have liked to see em put that on the V1 and leave everything else alone. Im not big on the looks of the V2.
So yea Im Satisfied, I would'nt trade My current set up for anyother MLer, it's just too good and reliable of a shooter and I have 1000% Confidence in it and that's what matters the most.
(BP)
Old 01-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Happy as a pig in a wallow on a hot day. Two old Remington 700 inlines have done all I've asked of them as have the two old T/C side locks.
Any changes would be in the money department so I could deer hunt more states and provinces.
Seasons just are not long enough with enough bag limits in one place.

Al