Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

How many of You are Happy the way you are?

Old 01-11-2011, 06:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Being Happy is a flexable condition for some of us, while I have way more guns than I need and each has several go to loads that I have confidence in, a major part of the fun for me is the trying and checking out of everything that comes out that I find interesting. Making equipment is part of being a Amiture radio operater which I have done for a good part of my life and it has helped me with a few of the things I use to test loads. Shooting is fun, really knowing all that you can about what is going on when you shoot adds to it for some of us.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

I'm perfectly happy with my White's. They are reliable and accurate to an extreme and their is a pride in ownership in one of these rifles that I can't explain. But I will probably buy one of the new Knights for something new to mess around with then it wll end up in the classifieds like all the other TC's, Knights and CVA's that I have owned.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Breechplug

Sure I am fairly happy with all the guns, bullets, and powders that i use today. But to say that I am so content I would not look in the future is crazy. Somebody is going to develope something new that really is useful and I am not going to be so content that I am immoveable.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Satisfied would describe me. But personally I think many of us got into this sport, and strive in this sport to always find the that perfect load. If we were not always looking for the something better, there would not be this selection of powders we discuss, or bullets we try, sabots we use, even primers. Not to mention rifles and all the twists, etc.

I an satisfied that I can and do shoot a real good muzzleloader with a good accurate load. But I am never content to leave it at that. I am going to find the exact powder charge, the exact seating pressure, etc. All it takes is time and experimentation.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would also describe myself as "satisfied."

I got in to this sport out of an interest in flintlocks. Over the past 3 years my knowledge has grown a lot. My respect, admiration and appreciation have grown tremendously for the people who once depended upon these weapons to defend themselves, their homes, put food on the table and win our independence.

I will always want to add new weapons to the collection. Who doesn't? But muzzle loading has been and continues to be very rewarding.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Breechplug

Sure I am fairly happy with all the guns, bullets, and powders that i use today. But to say that I am so content I would not look in the future is crazy. Somebody is going to develope something new that really is useful and I am not going to be so content that I am immoveable.
I guess you Guy's missed part of what I asked in my opening statement. I asked is there something (You would like to see Improved or Changed) to make things better as in Powders, Bullets, Sabots, MLer's ect ect....as then you would be Satisfied with your current MLer set up to where you could now say (It's Perfect and Im Happy Now).
So Yes what Im asking is Looking into the Future what would you all like to see Improved on?
(BP)
Old 01-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

I'm happy with my set up and see no need to Change all I want to do is buy another online so I have a backup inline
Old 01-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

So Yes what Im asking is Looking into the Future what would you all like to see Improved on?
My bank account so I can buy more guns!

Seriously I am happy with how things are now. About the only thing I would like to see changed are the laws retailers have to abide by to sell black powder. But I don't think that is what you are looking for.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Spike

I am very happy with my gun-Reminton Genesis-the bullet-300 grain
XTP and the powder BH209. Saying that, I am truly disgusted with the nut behind the wheel. My deer season started bad-hurt my left shoulder pretty bad shooting my bow-did bowhunt but probably should not have-shoulder not very good-1st shotgun season missed a decent buck at 85 yards-buck nwas just milling around and I get in a big hurry and miss-then 2nd season I ended up wounding a decent buck at 50 yards-just did not put the crosshairs where they needed to be-I have been deer hunting for 35 years and you would think that I should know what I am doing by now-I can still see in my mind the buck running running off.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

I am almost satisfied with my ML. It is a CVA Accura and I just need to improve the breechplug a little more. I have 2 of Ron's #8 bolt bp's and they work really good. I am saving a little bit of cash so that I can get one the Breechplugs with a vent liner in it and then I think I will be completely satisfied. Out of the several different ml's I have owned in the past 12 years I believe this Accura is the best of the bunch, at least for me. Fits me well after shortening the stock (I'm just a little guy), shoots excellent and I can hit what I aim at out to 225 yards with my set-up. I think the vent liner breechplug will complete my desires in a ML and give me the final confidence that the shot will go boom without fail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.