Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The wifes ML

Old 01-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know when i used the factory firing pin set up primer blow by was a mess.
Wow - the factory had it wrong?
Old 01-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Banned

As usual, if it were a different brand of muzzle loader, you'd see the trouble makers go, wooohooo!! Yeah!! They fixed it !! Thats why i buy american cuz the service gets taken care of and fixed!! Woooohooooo!!

But seeing how its a CVA that got fixed without any hardship and parts replaced, the usual crowd comes out to whine and say, Well, i'd tell them to do this, i'd request that from them!!

Same guys that'd probably make an argument on how to properly wipe your butt after a good poop

If they found something with the breech plug and replaced it, What you boys crying over? TC doesnt cover breech plugs because its standard for them to wear out.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dang Devil. You been eating too many prunes?
Old 01-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default Sounds like...

standard CYA, as in this time, and only this time,it's on the company dime; now that your serial number is associated w/ a "modification" I'd guess your warranty has been modified as well.
Disclaimer: this is speculation based on my experiences, some more recent, and I have no axe to grind w/CVA.
Non-MZ content to follow.
I am just old enough to remember when a company satisfied a customer by providing a product which endured and therefore had value. This planned obsolescence strategy, now dialed in amazingly well by the engineering departments in relation to warranty periods, may result in a fatter bottom line on the balance sheet, but I tend and prefer to become attached to my "stuff" and do NOT feel satisfied!! Frankly, I dislike buying anything new at this point and avoid it as much as is practicable.
For example, think about cars/trucks on the road today;in 25 yrs will anyone ever talk about restoring that classic-the 2010 Mustang?!
Rant over, thank you.

Last edited by ModernPrimitive; 01-09-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Semisane
Dang Devil. You been eating too many prunes?
Mushrooms which i hate! But they were stuffed with something good and so i choked them down

Ugh, over stuffed and sleepy now.