Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Bored and looking for something to do?

Old 01-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bored and looking for something to do?

Anyone in the STL area might enjoy the BelleClaire Gunshow near Belleville Illinois. Its extremely large and has a few vendors that dont go to the others local shows.

One vendor is the only local source for vv N120 powder. If you have a Savage, you know how desirable this powder is for heavy bullets and smokeless loads.

MLs are also very popular in Illinois because of the hunting regs so it may be worth the trip. Most shows on my side of the river have very few MLs for sale.

Have a good one and if you go, i will be wearing a black camo Knight ball cap.

Seeya there.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Hey i'm hunting, not bored at all. Just a fyi, n120 is temperature sensitive. That's no joke either.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just wanted some to compare it to Reloader7 with the 458-325gr FTX. Lots of guys swear by N120 and its a big favorite in duplex loads too. My local shop is cheaper on all the powder they have anyway, they just cant get N120.

Reloader7 gives some amazing low fps variations with the 325gr and costs less but i dont have anything else to compare it with.

I got some nice like new Mil-surplus stuff instead.... Like a current issue USAF cold weather tan camo jacket for just $10 and unissued mits with a trigger finger.