Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Breech Guide for Cleaning Inline 50 Cal

Old 12-24-2010, 04:01 AM
Spike

Default Breech Guide for Cleaning Inline 50 Cal

I asked a while back about the muzzle guide for cleaninga rifle and dont know that I can afford the Knight cleaning rod (plus I would like to buy a cleaning rod that I can use in my other guns.) Do ya'll know if the make a breech guide for cleaning 50 cal MZs? I prefer cleaning from the breech end of my guns to keep from pushing crud back into the receiver/action/etc.

In case I am not being clear - here is an example of what I would like to find for my TC Triumph:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hoppe...Ntt=bore+guide

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=823884

Thanks
Old 12-24-2010, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know if one exists. IMHO the area of concern is always the final 1" of rifling at the muzzle. I put a bevel on the trailing edge of my jags so when I pull the jag back it's not banging into the rifling.

YMMV
Old 12-24-2010, 06:00 AM
Dominant Buck

http://www.cainsoutdoor.com/shop/item.asp?item=18112

check this retailer out. I get a lot of my stuff from them. If all you want is a good cleaning range rod, you can do it a couple ways. This link is one way.

Or you can purchase for instance.. 18974 Super Rod add 18699 bore guide, and then the cleaning jags of your choice.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:02 AM
Dominant Buck

In fact give Cains a phone call. Explain exactly what you want. And they will build it for you. They are real nice people to deal with. Their Super Rods are excellent quality. Most of my rifles have one. I seldom use the factory ramrods except to show the rifle off or if I ever thought I could or would sell it.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Get a 3/8 aluminium doll at the hardware store drill and tap the ends to 10-32 after you cut it to the length you need. Get a TC T handle short starter when you need a range rod screw the short starter into the rod when you don't then carry it and use it as a ramrod.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:30 AM
Spike

Then do you leave a tip on the rod full time for conicals?