Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

almost got an deer today

Old 12-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default almost got an deer today

with my truck. crossed right in front of me on my way to work today.

nice fat doe too. just taking her time getting across the road. good thing they changed the speed limit of that road, if I was going to 10mph faster, I would of hit her
Old 12-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

I was going to my wifes Christmas party this week. I had a beautiful 8 pointer try to cross in front of me but I laid on the horn and he turned around. Its amazing I drive south to north across the entire state on NC to hunt 50 miles inside of Virgina and don't see a deer this nice. I need to start hunting inner city country clubs here for a chance at a trophy.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

going to do some urban bow hunting when late muzzy is over. I got some great reports from some police buddies of mine about the size of deer seen in the area I am planning on hunting.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Spike

Ha - same thing happened here - my buddy and I went out yesterday for ML opening (and I won't be in town for the rest of it.. ). We setup along a stream with a little opening in a fence just waiting... .didn't see a thing (first time we hunted there of course), but on his way home, but buddy called me and said he had to nudge a big fat doe out of the way with his snowplow because she wouldn't get out of the road!! During regular season weekend, we went out and didn't see anything all weekend, not even squirrles (windy as all get out) and when I got home, there was a herd of about 8 running around in the backyard (over the fence in the neighbors land) with about 4 turkeys in tow. Someone is laughing at us! At least a bust day hunting is better than the best day at work
Old 12-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cant even remember how many Deer I've almost ran into this year, lots a close calls. I look out more for Deer than anything, it's a natural thing when driving at night here. Stay Safe and keep your eyes peeled for em!
(BP)
Old 12-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Many years ago when I lived in the southern end of the state, there was one stretch of road that if you drove it at night there was more then a very high chance that you would hit a deer. People just avoided that road after dark. The deer wandered all over the thing. Now my brother said with the slaughter of the herd, that road is empty.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
Many years ago when I lived in the southern end of the state, there was one stretch of road that if you drove it at night there was more then a very high chance that you would hit a deer. People just avoided that road after dark. The deer wandered all over the thing. Now my brother said with the slaughter of the herd, that road is empty.
Dave what happened to your Deer Herd did they give out too many Doe Tags, Damn Insurance Companies, or was it something different?
(BP)