Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

BH209 illegal in New Mexico 2011

Old 12-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
they can ban powders all they want because its not what allows for long range shooting. Its the scopes that allow for long distance shots. Hell i got on video my brother in law shooting a deer from 175 yards with my Accura and a puny 105gr pyrodex RS charge. With open sights, no way that shot was doable
MD for once i agree with you on the scope comment.calling 105 rs puny for a 175 yd shot i don't, especially since buffalo were taken at much longer ranges with 60-70 gr BP and a 400 -500 gr bullet lol.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Banned

LOL well compared to what some others shoot, its puny.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by smokey92
"states consider it to be a smokeless powder.."

If those "states" ever actually shot it.... (especially in a box/tent blind), it's far from "smokeless"
Again i am not anti Bh and i don't want anyone becoming upset with me.but do a little research on BH.all i will say is this,it doesn't smoke anything like lets say RS or 777.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Banned

I was thinking earlier. NM offers BOTH a general muzzle loader season " that'd be modern" and then they offer a more restricted traditional season..

Modern season SHOULD allow smokeless powder and what not.

I always felt Colorado should have 2 seasons, one modern muzzy anything goes season and one traditional patched round ball - lead conical - open sight conical season.

I sent my email off to them earlier. They wont be back in office till the 27th.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by smokey92
"states consider it to be a smokeless powder.."

If those "states" ever actually shot it.... (especially in a box/tent blind), it's far from "smokeless"

True but the smoke is added to make it more traditional... same as T7 is died black from its original color of white.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
I was thinking earlier. NM offers BOTH a general muzzle loader season " that'd be modern" and then they offer a more restricted traditional season..

Modern season SHOULD allow smokeless powder and what not.

I always felt Colorado should have 2 seasons, one modern muzzy anything goes season and one traditional patched round ball - lead conical - open sight conical season.

I sent my email off to them earlier. They wont be back in office till the 27th.
MD it would be nice if those states did, but honestly i don't think it will happen.bottom line BH contains smokeless powder period. and that's what these states are finding out and why i think more will jump on the band wagon.is it good for the sport?" i don't think so".as i stated earlier i looked at Utahs regs, since i had tags for M/L season this past year. and it clearly states no nitrocellulose powder.even though it is classified as a M/L sub powder.this is how the heated arguments started.is it a approved M/L sub according to the feds? yes it has been. but individual states have the right to ban whatever they want.needless to say i didn't get to use my Utah tags,since i retained custody of my son in august and couldn't take him out of school.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
True but the smoke is added to make it more traditional... same as T7 is died black from its original color of white.
Bingo sabotloader lol.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yet some states lists and allows the 45-70 and 35 Whelens as primitive cartridges even though they are loaded with smokless powder???????????? The problem we run into is we have a bunch of pencil necked non-hunting druids making the laws in regards to hunting issues.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SJAdventures
Yet some states lists and allows the 45-70 and 35 Whelens as primitive cartridges even though they are loaded with smokless powder???????????? The problem we run into is we have a bunch of pencil necked non-hunting druids making the laws in regards to hunting issues.
a
Amen and in my state of california with some areas losing 50% of there deer herds.we can't hunt mountain lions,area's where the california condor/ vulture roam you can't use lead.and the best one of all lol..the individual counties decide if they will allow doe hunting! not the fish and game!!
Old 12-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Spike

Can I request to add pink to my bh209? It would match my panties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.