Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Too Late....Accura

Old 12-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Spike

Default Too Late....Accura

So I research which Muzzleloader I want for the last couple weeks, Go to gun stores, try to look and hold em all and see which one is for me....I figure bout the ACCURA is for me , find the best deal out there at Sportsmans Guide , $270 w/o a scope go to order it today and theyre all out of stock....Im sooo pissed at myself for taking too long to make up my mind...I: actually started to order it last night , but had to leave the computer and said I'd do it tomorrow.......anybody know of a decent price on one out there....I know the V2s go for more than that.....I really want the thumbhole stock and ss barrel.....
Old 12-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try Finn Feather and Fur Outfitters. They are located in Ohio as well.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

buckeye guy

If you liked the V1 Accura, try out the 2010 Optima. IMO it feels better. I dont care about the QRBP but the gun shoulders extremely nice and is in a similar price range.

IMO it is priced very fairly and overall quality isnt bad at all. Its much better than the older Optima IMO.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

My son bought one got it last Friday from sportsman guide man they were a smoking deal with out the scope 269.00
I was going to maybe order one for my self but that ends that.He gave me his optima pro 29" berger barrel stainless over camo
great gun it really tack drive bullet :the only draw back is the overall weight 8.8 lbs with out the scope has to be a 9lbs gun no matter how you look at it.
I like the optima because the extra weigh allows me to up grade the powder chge near 100 grains of triple 777
My t/c thunderhawk weigh only 6 1/2lbs and I only use 85 grain only because such a light gun really pack a punch on recoil.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here are 5 thumbhole stainless. Perhaps they are too much dollar.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Banned

I was asking the same questions several months ago and after a great deal of online research I decided on the CVA Accura. It got universally stellar reviews and really did seem like the 'most bang for the buck'. So I went ahead and bought one.

It arrived and looked to be extremely well made. It balanced beautifully and had a great trigger and fiber optic sights. It even came with a scope mount and sling.

Then before I could shoot it, I got infected by a desire to make a traditional flintlock Pennsylvania longrifle, and that desire has overwhelmed my need or desire for an inline muzzleloader.

So.. I am selling my Accura! If you are interested let me know. My email is [email protected].

i found that on a forum, not sure which model it is though.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 2010 Optima looks like a good one. You really missed out when Cabela's was selling the last reamining ACCURA's. I think at one time they had em for $249 and if you had a Cabela's Bucks Cupon you'd get another $20 off and they also had FREE Shipping.
Do some seaching on the Internet, Im sure there's still a few out there.
Good Luck!
(BP)
Old 12-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

Go on to CVA's website and check out the bargain tab. I got a awesome deal on my Kodiak.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Spike

Thanks everyone ! Fin fur and feathers in Ohio is too high for me...3rd generation has the new V2 thole black, ss barrel for for $340 , thats better than what I can do locally for $385. The optima seems too long and too heavy especially if you re carrying it all day. It would seem better to be a stand gun for hunting. I dont mind paying a bit more for the V2 but that older Accura at $270 was a deal....Cva website is out of stock on what I want....gonna try to get one and set it up for Ohio season in Jan uary.......Thanks everyone !!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

buckeye guy, Myself, i think the Accura at third generation is the pre 2010 model. I haven't communicated with them, but i see no mention of V2 on the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.