Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Too Late....Accura

Old 12-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with Ron, the $340 price for the V2 Thumb Hole Stock SS is too cheap, it's a new model and the older ACCURA TH SS sold for more than that. Im sure it's the Original ACCURA.
(BP)
Old 12-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

The optima seems too long and too heavy especially if you re carrying it all day. It would seem better to be a stand gun for hunting
Isnt the new 2010 Optima almost half a pound lighter and shorter than the Accura?

2010 Optima
416 Stainless Steel, Fluted, 26” Barrel
# 41” Overall Length
# 6.65 lbs. Total Weight
# 14” Length of Pull

Accura V1
27" barrel
42" OAL
7.3lbs
14.5 Length of Pull

Last edited by Gm54-120; 12-10-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Spike

Ron Laughlin....whats the difference between the V2 and the other pre 2010??? I just ordered one from them.......Maybe I can cancel it before they ship it....I thought I was geetin the V2 ..........Crap !!
Old 12-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Spike

YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT..........It was the older model with black and some white in the stock......not the V2 model...I called and cancelled the order.....I can get the new V2 for 40 bucks more locally......a shop will order it plus 10 percent 383 bucks Man, I shoulda called first....Still pissed about the Sportsman guide gun for $270 !!!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 07:17 AM
Spike

Ron Laughlin....You are right, 3rd generation Accura is the older gun not the V2, I cancelled my order...For 40 bucks more I can get a new Accura V2 locally here at a gun shop...His price plus 10 percent $383 Gonna go order it today or Monday.....Thanks !
Old 12-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Banned

V2 has the QRBP, adjustable trigger, soft touch finish, rubber grip panels "you should like those" Some other small changes here and there.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by buckeye guy
Ron Laughlin....You are right, 3rd generation Accura is the older gun not the V2, I cancelled my order...For 40 bucks more I can get a new Accura V2 locally here at a gun shop...His price plus 10 percent $383 Gonna go order it today or Monday.....Thanks !
I dont think you would have been too terribly dissapointed with the (First Generation ACCURA) For the Money it's still a good deal. The V2 Has a Rubber Grip on the Stock, not a big deal, but I found that Rubber on a Stock Does'nt Mix when you have Snow or Rain, the Rubber can cause a (Squeak) against your Gloves or Clothes, just My Opinion, and that could cause you a Good Buck or any Deer for that matter.
The V2 has a QRBP (quick release breech plug) that's nice, but for me I have never needed to get the Breech Plug out fast, the normal tool to remove it get's it out just fine, Im in no Hurry.
The QRBP may help to reduce Blow Back, but the Blow Back from the Original ACCURA is Minimal. Also as some have stated the V2's QRBP has problems with igniting BH 209, so if you pan to use that then it may cause you grief.
So all in all the new V2 and it's Improvements dont add up to all that much vs the Original ACCURA, I decided Not to get one, Im Happy with the 3 ACCURA's I now have.
These are just My Opinions and I figured I'd throw in My 2 Cents.
So If I had to do it all over again and I had a chance to get the First ACCURA or the ACCURA V2, I'd still get the Original.
Good Luck and let us know how you like the V2.
(BP)
Sorry, forgot to mention the (Adjustable Trigger) on the V2. I dont have a V2 so I cant say one way or the other how (adjustable) it is or how smooth or gritty. But I can say the Trigger on the Original ACCURA is SMOOTH, Crisp and Clean.

Last edited by Breechplug; 12-11-2010 at 09:12 AM.