Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Hunting with a ML in the rain? Never again!

Old 11-09-2010, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gm54-120

Now, that is what i say is a nice place to hunt. The look of them field, and meadow, and tree, look good to me.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
As I mentioned in a prior Post, I see a-lot of Deer during Rain, especially Bucks. There's not many Hunters who will go out in it but it's really worth it if you have the right Gear and ONLY take GOOD shots it can pay off. Now that I think of it during a good Snow Storm Bucks move good also. There's been times where it's Snowing so hard ( 2-3" an hour) that you cant keep yourself let alone your scope cleared off and the Deer are moving. I've also witnessed this during a Lightning and Thunder Storm, I've seen Bucks come out into a open Corn field and just stand there and shake. But it's no fun when your holding a Gun (made of Steel) or a Bow make of (aluminum) I dont know why they do this or move when they do, but they do. Has anyone else experienced this? Also Deer and all the rest of the Animals we Hunt live out in this all the time, there's never a bad time to go Hunting.
(BP)
(BP)
I wish that had been my experience that day! I sneaked all through the woods and covered a ton of ground but not a single deer. Trust me, now that I know you can use a muzzle condom to keep the rain out, I won't be deterred.