Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I Got an Email from Knight

Old 10-22-2010, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I Got an Email from Knight

For anyone that cares, I sent Knight an email awhile back trying to figure out when they're going to be back to selling guns again and what they'll be selling. They responded and said they're going to start with re-introducing the strong models Knight had before as well as one new one that has never been for sale (I'm thinking the Ultimate Slam.) He said they're also working on a couple new ones for sometime down the line.
They're planning on having them for sale in January, but it's possible they'll have a few for early release in December. He wouldn't give me any prices.
I was going to buy a new ML before deer season this year, but decided to wait and see what Knight comes out with. I kind of hope they come out with a new improved KP1.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seems like it would be smarter for them to come out with them right before muzzle loading season would start, not right after it ends, but oh well.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Spike

I'll too will consider buying a Knight when they start back up.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was kind of hoping that they would come out with them some time around now. But then I guess I'm not in charge of marketing. I'm hoping they sell a nice break action, and I really really hope they have the kp1 or something like it.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just talked to a friend at Knight and all i can say is i think the first releases will make MANY people happy.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

I'd like to see something like the old Wolverine package with a spacer for the stock as they grow. Gonna need something for the Grandkids to shoot and I really dont want to put something in their hands that I wouldnt want to shoot. Be nice if they could keep the weight down some. I think my Elite is a little too much for them right now.

I think that bolt, or striker design will stay tighter than any break action over the long haul.

Last edited by grizzly 2; 10-29-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

I'd like to see them come out with a modernized side hammer gun, fast twist barrel, fiber optic sights, sort of like Thompson Center did with their Black Mountain mag. Maybe even a 1 in 32 twist barrel .54 for shooting conical bullets.