Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Need help with a ramrod

Old 10-22-2010, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need help with a ramrod

I need help getting a ram rod for my CVA WOLF. I seem to have lost mine and I need a new one like TODAY. If you have any ideas please help. Thanks. Never mind. I just called my wife and she said she found it. I couldn't imagine where it had gone. I guess I coming down with ALZHEIMERS. Beats me if that's how you spell it but I think you get the message.

Last edited by pluckit; 10-22-2010 at 04:42 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pluckit
I need help getting a ram rod for my CVA WOLF. I seem to have lost mine and I need a new one like TODAY. If you have any ideas please help. Thanks.
Do you have a Wal-Mart close by, ours carrys a (TC Universal Ram Rod) that can be cut to fit. Or call CVA and have them overnight one. I always have a spare! TIP, I use a rubberband at the end of all My MLers to keep the Ram Rod on the MLer so it does'nt fall off. Also Cabela's can overnight one too but your gonna Pay!
Good Luck!
(BP)
Old 10-22-2010, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks a bunch. I was freaking out. I was in my stand this morning and that's all I could think about. Not only that but it's been real windy here the last 2 days. Wouldn't you know it , just when muzzleloader season starts. I only lasted from 5:30 am untill 8:00 am this morning because of the two problems, wind and rod. I haven't seen anything in this new spot since I put the stand up and I saw the doe while I was ratcheting the top to the tree. That's like 3 days now. I'll try again tonight though.

Last edited by pluckit; 10-22-2010 at 04:57 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
Do you have a Wal-Mart close by, ours carrys a (TC Universal Ram Rod) that can be cut to fit. Or call CVA and have them overnight one. I always have a spare! TIP, I use a rubberband at the end of all My MLers to keep the Ram Rod on the MLer so it does'nt fall off. Also Cabela's can overnight one too but your gonna Pay!
Good Luck!
(BP)
Does that one extend, the one at Wall Mart, like the Wolf ram rod does?
Old 10-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

I love my Wolf with the only exception being the ramrod. I hate how you have to extend it. It's next to impossible to swab the barrel the full length with it. I always keep about a 4" extension that helps, but it's a damn pain.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Spike

Check out the giRAMROD™ from Gunn Innovations at
www.spinjag.com. I have one on my CVA Apex .45 cal. and one on my Traditions Pursuit Pro .45 cal.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, the one at Wal-Mart is a one piece, you cut it to fit and then insert the threaded end. I know the (extendable ram-rod) your talking of, I have the same one for My Kodiak Mag, it Sucks, bad idea. The end part that extends on mine broke and had to get another one from CVA.
(BP)
Old 10-24-2010, 06:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I generally go to the ace hardware and buy an aluminium doll cut it the right length center bore both ends tap 11-32 and start using.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by .45muzzlenut
Check out the giRAMROD™ from Gunn Innovations at
www.spinjag.com. I have one on my CVA Apex .45 cal. and one on my Traditions Pursuit Pro .45 cal.
Don't both of those guns have extendable Ram Rods? And if so, how do you use the giRAMROD? I know my Pursuit has an extendable Ram Rod.