Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

225gr FTX - CVA Accura

Old 09-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Banned

Default 225gr FTX - CVA Accura

Smyers, I took those 225gr Hornady FTX .451's out today in the black mmp sabot " were those the 12 or 24's?"

Used 110gr blackhorn209, cci primers. 100 yards. These are marked in red

Before shooting the FTX i tried the .429" Hornady XTP again but with 110gr blackhorn209, cci primers. My first shot was on a lightly oiled bore " Barricade" and two dry patches. I always forget to remove that darned stuff before heading to the range! Next 2 shots were perfect however. These 2 sabot loads shoot awesome in the Accura. I appreciate you sending the bullets, they allowed me to get sabot loads worked up in the Accura and now i can help out who ever needs a sabot load for an accura.

Picked my nephew up friday night and he too went out shooting with me and took along his wolf. He was shooting 200gr XTP's with 150gr T7 Magnums and winchester W209 primers. He was pretty mad about the high shot to the left. That was his third shot @ 100 yards.

A great day of shooting! My nephew also started to practice shooting off hand and off the sling slix with the 245gr powerbelt and 150gr T7 pellets. He said the recoil shooting off hand was pretty good but when on the Sling slix, he didnt feel much of it. I figure he will do most of the shooting off the sling slix anyways so if he comes shooting tomorrow, i'll have him practice off that for the day.