Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

BH209- T7 -American Pioneer Day

Old 09-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Banned

Default BH209- T7 -American Pioneer Day

Got out this nice hot afternoon with the Accura, Started off first with the 245gr Powerbelts and 90gr BH209, Winchester W209 primers. 100 yards.

Took 3 shots with a hot barrel * My aiming point was the 9 on the target*

After adjusting the scope 3 clicks to the right i went and let the bore cool down between shots and took 3 more shots.
First 2 shots almost touching. Going to measure that one later on.

Talk about consistent!

With the T7 i didnt bother taking a picture because i am not exactly sure if its a fluke, 3 shots into a single hole or what but i dont believe it myself and wasnt about to post that picture and argue about it! Two T7 Magnum pellets, no swabbing, winchester w209 primers, 250gr slick load sabots, 3 shots and like i said, only one hole. Not going to bother talking about this one!

I accidently messed up with the American Pioneer Powder. I thought it was 80gr 2f but it turned out to be 80gr 3F! And damn was it accurate! I havent played much with 3f in the inlines but i am sure going to start again. First 2 shots were touching, Third shot opened it to what i'd guess to be around 1 1/2" group.

After the APP group i went and started experimenting with loading the 295gr powerbelts lightly on top of the powder and allowing the bore to cool down. It was throwing them into a 5" group.

Next experiment i seated them lightly again and shot them on a hot barrel. Surprisingly that was ok group wise but they dropped a good 3" in elevation on a hot barrel.

Im going to get the sand buckets ready here in a bit and possibly tomorrow start testing the 300gr Thors at 75-100 yards with 100gr BH209 in the Accura and just do some tests on the bullet.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good report Devil. I agree, that is amazing consistency. I'm not sure I followed the shot sequence correctly. The three on the left are BH, and the three on the right are AP, and the T7's are not shown - right?
Old 09-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Banned

no, the t7 and APP i did not show.

the bh on the left is on a hot bore and the bh shots on the right are with a cool down between shots.

Im going to work more with app and t7 and i'll take pictures of those. My photobucket is running low on space
Old 09-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Spike

Mt Devil, is this with a CVA Accura? Have you ever tried 150 grain combinations? I just posted pics and responces on my previous thread. Are you in the gun business? I would be glad to call you if you are not opposed to it.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Banned

Yep, 150gr T7 magnum pellets with the 245 powerbelt and winchester W209 primers do awesome in my Accura. I will work more with the pellet loads tomorrow. PMed you my Phone # Call any time you need help.