Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Need advise with Accura please.....

Old 09-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Banned

oh i forgot one. My last 2 ex's used to call out the name God a lot.... I think they were talking to me
Old 09-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pluckit
May I just add that MountainDevil54 is a geuine helper of Black Powder enthusiasts.I have never seen him advertise his sevices for money like others I have seen.I believe his Shooting Range posts are there for the benifit of all Black Powder shooters to benifit from. If he gets kick backs from the manufacturers well then so be it and why shouldn't he. If you take his advice or try any of the products he promotes I am certain you will not be dissapointed. I am a true blood Thompson Center Arms fan. But I also believe that you can get all the gun you need for a whole lot less money from CVA! For only $167.00 I purchased a CVA Wolf and with help from MountainDevil54 I have it shooting over lapping holes in the bulls eye at 100 yards. If I had a longer range to shoot at I truely believe it will hold a similar pattern at even greater distances. What more can you ask for at that price. And what more do you need to shoot deer with in practically any state.
Thats true, 100% true. Theres never been any money involved in what i do for others. Ive restored complete muzzle loaders before, sent bullets to others if they needed them, heck i even help others in different countries get thor bullets bcuz thor will not ship over seas.
what ever i do i simply do for the love of the sport and love helping others get their rifles shooting great.

Im glad to hear about how well the wolf is shooting for you now. I will be working more with the 2 wolf's i have here and will report those groups. I am going to work with T7 pellets, american pioneer, thor bullets.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sometime after hunting season I am going to try Blackhorn 209. I don't want to mess with the Wolf the way it is shooting now, this close to Black Powder season. Do you own any Traditions Muzzle loaders? I have a Pursuit I really like and would like to get it shooting like the Wolf. It's close but not there yet. It needs smome more time at the range and I was wondering if you had any load recomondations.

Last edited by pluckit; 09-23-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Banned

no i only owned one tradtions, the Evolution. The pursuit mainly from what i read has heavy triggers. Get it lightened up, that alone improves accuracy
Old 09-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Spike

trying to get pics for you guys. will be back shortly.
Attached Thumbnails Need advise with Accura please.....-102_0769.jpg  
Old 09-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Spike

Here is a pic of the bases.
Attached Thumbnails Need advise with Accura please.....-102_0771.jpg  
Old 09-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Spike

Thanks Mt Devil and Lemoyne. Just got home from work and shot the above pics. here are some of th answer to the questions posed.
1. the bases are a solid mout Tilly machined base. the are installed with Loc-Tite and feel very tight.
2. just checked the breech, the break closure, and the forearm. all seem tight to the feel.
3. Yes CVA has a CS dept. I called them yesterday and talked to two diffrent guys. One somewhat helpfull the other not so much. In short the told me to try lower (100 grain) with the largest projectile possible. I will try this weekend but based on previous trips to the range, i am very sceptical.

As a last note, if the only reason for posting to this thread is to pi$$ people off, please do it elsewhere. I am looking for real help and have better things to do.

Mt Devil and Lemoyne thanks for your advise thus far. Mt. Devil, i would take you up on your offer but I live in east TN.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54

Go have another knight out for dinner with Knight
I would love to, but it's hunting season now.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Spike

Been hanging around the computer this evening hoping for some replys but it is getting late so I will check back tomorrow. Thought I would throw out one last question. One of the things I am struggling with is, has anyone been able to shoot 130-150 grains of powder in their accura's? I know that all my hunting buddies are in encore's, knights, even other CVA's. I really want accuracy but distance also. For example, the 45 I gave my son is shooting 150 g of tripple 7 and a 180 grain bullet with a garanteed 1" group. But it is a bolt action type CVA not a break action. Is there a diffrence in break action vrs bolt? If i go up in bullet size and down in powder i can rationalize a better pattern but will it not kill distance? Thanks again guys......
Old 09-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Banned

Accura, Just replied to your PM with my number included.

I think its mainly going to come down to finding the right bullet/powder charge. We just got back from the shooting range and i got some pictures to show you! It simply blew my mind when i shot 3 and then another 3 with a higher powder charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.