Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Triumph vs Bone Collector

Old 08-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Power belts are suitable for varmints only unless you plug the hollow point why pay that much for a sub standard bullet when you can get the FPB by Hornady which is a good bullet in all ways. And if you want to find the right size for your gun and pay the exorbitant price the Thor will do a good job to.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Spike

Maybe I'll grab a box or two of the FPBs. The main problem is PBs are the only non-sabot bullets widely available in stores. Bass Pro carries the Hornaday SST, which I don't understand because they are not legal for elk or deer in CO. I have used Hornaday Great Plains in the past, but they were difficult to load and didn't seem very aerodynamic. Maybe I have just been lucky in the past, but the PB seemed to make it through a rib without much of a problem. I am all for making sure that you take down an animal in 1 shot, so I don't want to come off hard headed, just saying haven't seen any evidence that using 295s would be problematic.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

I own 2 Triumph's......Black on Black and Camo with silver WEATHERSHIELD BARREL. I love everything about these guns and with the price of the blk on blk thats the way I would go. If stainless was offered thats another story. I only have shot FPB'S out of mine a few times so I can't help you in that aspect. With saboted bullets 1.0" at 100 was my best with my limited abilities Overall a better muzzleloader than my ProHunter for the cost hands down. Stick with your own feelings towards the guns and good luck in your purchase.
Chuck
Old 08-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

lineman78

I do not use Power Belts for anything but it is my understanding that the biggest reason that a Power Belt will fail is because thay are shot to fast for their construction. Remember a Power Belt really is nothing more than an elongated round ball constructed from a very soft lead to allow the bullet to obturate to your bore. Even if you go with the copper plated PB's they are a very thin copper plate. It is my understanding that the Plats are a little more durable than the average PB.

Just thought and a suggestion - if you are going to spend that kind of money - I would highly suggest the Omega over the Triumph and it is available in real SS.

I am old so my thoughts are not always valid - but the break open action is a fad and with time and shooting will loose accuracy as the hinge wears.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:19 PM
sup
Spike

The stock on the bc is shorter,i think it's 1 1/2''. Fits me like a glove, now if the weather would cool down so a guy could get out to shoot.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Banned

Aint that the truth Sup. We cant even cut firewood yet due to the heat. Almost stroked out the other week due to the heat.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not all agree with sabot loader on a Omega being better than a Triumph I am keeping my Triumph and selling my Omega. I like the Triumph better for quite a few reasons, first off it shoots better it likes heavier loads it is easy to cap in a hurry even with gloves on [which the Omega is not] I like the mechanism better it is more fun to tune, I have never heard of a bedding problem with a Triumph.
The only thing the Omega has over the Triumph in my opinion is that you can get it in SS If they ever come out with SS in a Triumph I will immediately order one.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Banned

trigger guard on the triump is also bigger allowing for the use of a gloved hand / trigger finger. I just dont like the way they lock up.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Regular Triumph "vs" the BC Version= Pure market gimmick BS. Your paying more for name of Bone Collector, and those stupid senseless gadgets, save yourself the money & get the regular Triumph, also don't buy from Bass Pro or Cabelas, buy from a smaller shop in your area, that is what I did, and got the Black Stock, weathershield barrel Triumph for $100 less then those bigger stores
Old 08-14-2010, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I have no experience with the Triumph, but think the Encore in any configuration is a dog! I sometimes have very bad nightmares about this gun.

Now as to the PB's, I don't have much to say about them except that people try to over power them and they will shatter and have a tendency to not penetrate as advertised.

I shoot a Knight Vision and load the Hornady FPB bullet and am very impressed with the results. They are a little hard to get started, but once they start they load very smoothly. With the FPB I use Black Horn 209 powder. I have a great combination with this setup and am very pleased.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.