Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Change @ Knight

Old 03-27-2010, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

The TC did not seem to fit Gander either, is there a word for somebody that don't fit?
Old 03-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Banned

just the changes i'd like to see in knight. the KRB7 is another one thats a real bear to get the open sights into view.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lemoyne
The TC did not seem to fit Gander either, is there a word for somebody that don't fit?
im not the only one that has trouble with tc stocks. the triump doesnt fit me yet the bone collector fits like a glove... go figure. i cant believe you guys are actually giving me a hard time about this! i just said what i'd like to see on the new knights if they ever start up again.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

When Knight is resurrected I hope that they work a little smarter than before. Knight got into trouble with a proliferation of models.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't feel bad MD, I'm at least kind of with you. I love my KRB7, but shoot it almost never because I can't hunt with a scope in MN and I can't get the sights to line up much without one on it. And I have the same problem with the Triumph. I thought I was nuts. I shouldered a Bone Collector for the first time a couple weeks ago, fit great. I had to go try a Triumph again to see why I was thinking it didn't fit the first time, but it still didn't.

Back on topic, is Knight for sure going to start producing rifles again or is it just a "what if?"
Old 03-28-2010, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

The bone collector is designed for small people, some of us would have to add one and a half inches to the stock to keep from having it so short that we got hit in the face with a scope. I have noticed a number of people at our club that have been using too short a stock, had to show one of them that ask the connection between having a correct trigger pull length and not getting scope eye.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rifle stocks are one such category so here I will show you a very easy way to measure your length of trigger pull to insure that, should you want to, you can order up a stock for any of your weapons that will be the right size and fit for you.

Standing straight up, with your arms hanging at your sides, you need only to bend your arm at the elbow to 90 degrees to the front.

Keeping your wrist straight & in line with your forearm, now make an imaginary pistol style grip with your hand. Curl your finger into a natural trigger position.

Now, using a tape or similar device, measure from the inside of the elbow, just below the bicep, straight down the forearm to the middle of the pad on your trigger finger.

You now have the measurement for your length of pull on a rifle stock. 13.50” is the standard length of pull for a US made rifle stock. If you are over that number ( like the person in the picture ), you need a longer stock. If you are under that number, you need a shorter stock. If you live, or are going to operate/hunt, in a climate that is extremely cold, needing heavier clothing, subtract 0.25” from the measurement to offset for the difference when that clothing is put on.

Though maybe some one could use this info. Lee
Old 03-28-2010, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

SuperKirby
The high comb is for a scope you can either lower it or raise the sights.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sabotloader
I posted this over on MM and thought I would drop it in here... Since Knight is now under new ownership... maybe we can effect some changes in the old way of doing business, to help Knight jump back and be really good....

GM54-120

Speaking of change.... you know the one change I would really like to see is for them to move to a 1/24 twist rate... I think White has proved what a versitile twist rate that turns out to be. The thing is that 1/24 is that versitile in a 45 or 50.

That would be the one thing that would drive me to buy a new Knight in a big hurry.

Tried to send Gordy an email this morning using his old email address - rejected - things are a changing....
Agreed including a bad to the bone 54cal with a 1-24 to replace the 52cal. Using 54x50 sabots the 400gr+ bullets would come to life. Currently accuracy starts dropping at about the 50cal 350gr range depending on the BC and length.

A 45cal with a 1-24 should shoot upto a 265gr .401 with ease and conicals exceeding 300gr. My Accura with a 1-28 does fairly well with both if you push them a little bit but its hell on the sabots after roughly 105grs.

Havent shot the 45 Elite yet and of course the sun came out AFTER they closed the range for the day.

BTW ive been lurking here for some time and decided i might as well register. Ad Block Plus keeps the unwanted ads at bay so its all good.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:13 AM
Fork Horn

Flounder: I got a good laugh when I read your post about mk85. You already have cornered the mk85 market but now you are wanting another one but new and improved. I think your wife may be wanting you to go to mk85 anomymous if you buy another one. I sure am curious what they will bring out although it would be hard to quit hunting with my mk85 too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.