Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What Muzzleloader

Old 02-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
You would be better off to get him to a sporting goods store where he could handle the different rifles and see which one fits him. If he has lots of center fire rifles and does not need the exchange a barrel feature of the Encore and such, then a Triumph, Omega or the Pro Hunter might be a good choice.

Are you going to scope the rifle? What kind of hunting does he do? But I will say, your one heck of a wife in my book!!
Gee, I told My Wife I wanted a New Mustang......MLer....and she bought me a New Mustang (Car) Boy I love her! As Dave mentioned above, any of them will do fine. But I'd throw a few hints around befor I bought one.
I know Im kinda picky when it comes to Hunting and I never like anything anyone else buys for me because If I like it I already have it. The same with my Wife, I cant buy her anything either as whatever I buy just is'nt right, so now she gets cash and buy's what she wants.
So mabey the (hint) would do you good.
Best of Luck to You and let us know what you decide.
(BP)
Old 02-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for the triumph,sweet M/L
Old 02-27-2010, 05:30 AM
Typical Buck

Pro Hunter.........
Old 02-27-2010, 05:35 AM
Spike

If I was going to buy another muzzleloader it would be either a Triumph Bone Collector camo or another T/C Endeavor. I really like my Endeavor.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jaybez101099
Pro Hunter.........
Yep.....gets my vote.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

I see your location is Indiana so I suspect that hunting would be for deer. The selection of bullets would likely be those with sabots as the deer are smaller animals that the lighter bullets will be sufficient. If elk were in the mix I would caution that Thompson Center rifles are a little picky about shooting full bore conical (solid lead) bullets and another choice might be the CVA Accura of one of the Knight rifles (even though they are out of business they are still available). Hope the decision works out for you and congradulations on supporting your husband.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
You would be better off to get him to a sporting goods store where he could handle the different rifles and see which one fits him. If he has lots of center fire rifles and does not need the exchange a barrel feature of the Encore and such, then a Triumph, Omega or the Pro Hunter might be a good choice.
I love my wife but God help her if she got me a ML without consulting me as to what type/brand/model. For me, it's the kind of thing that I need to decide on. Sort of like me buying clothes for her, I never seem to get the right thing.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well you've gotten a lot of good advice from everyone so I will just offer you one question. Will you marry ME?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

Lots of good mls suggested. I would also advise you to let your hubbie in on your gift giving ideal. It can be the best ml made from the top of the line manufacture, but if it don't fit him and or handle right it will collect dust or be sold or traded in a year or less. Its one of those cases where some things a man can't buy for a woman and a woman can't buy for a man. That being said the TC Bone Collector is a good choice. Your a good wife keep supporting your husban.