Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Scopes

Old 02-26-2010, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never owned a ML scope in my life... I can't tell you how many rounds I've put through various MLs w/various scopes. Not saying they won't break, all I'm saying is that I've never experienced it. The 3200 is a very nice scope.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

Vance

If you are already using a scope I would suggest staying with the brand you are use to and put it on your ml. As you can tell from all the great replys the inexpensive scopes put game down just as easy as the higher end scopes. The money you pay for a scope in is for the quality of its optics, its warrenty, and a small part name brand. As far as getting a scope made for ml rifles it sounds like some has had problems not buying ml scopes and some never has. It is up to the individual weather to get a special ml scope or not.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rafsob
Actually that Banner shotgun scope is packaged as a shotgun/BP scope if I am not mistaken. I had one on one of my ML once. If it has the cross hairs with a circle around the center, it is more then likely the shotgun/BP scope.

Hey BP, you can disagree with me anytime. That is what makes this group of ours so unique and informative.

I also love my Leupold Ultimate Slam. The only thing weird about my set up is the scope is more expensive the the ML'er:

I paid $179 for the Knight Vision and $269 for the Ultimate Slam. Go figure!?!?

Rasfob, you are 100% Correct! I cant remember buying the Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn Scope but I just pulled it out and looked at the Box it came in and There It Was.......MUZZLELOADER SCOPE! no mention of it being a Shotgun Scope just a ML Scope. So that being I have (2) ML Scopes, 1 I new was the Leupold U.S.M.S and now the Bushnell.
All being said I like the Bushnell as much as the Leupold, if the Leupold did'nt have the S.A.B.R. in it they would compare almost equal in Optics. But I do the the Ballistic Retical in the Leupold.
Thank's for pointing that out to me about the Scope Rasfob!
(BP)
Old 02-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Dominant Buck

I have a Bushnell Dusk to Dawn 1.5-4.5x32mm on my T/C Black Diamond XR and it works great. I would hate to guess how many shots I have put down range with this scope on. In fact the glass on this scope is very good quality. When I was hunting marsh/swamps I could no longer look down a game trail I was watching with my cheap Simmons Binoculars, but I could see down the trail at the end of the day with that Dusk to Dawn scope on it.