Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Some new conicals coming out

Old 02-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

Lane, thats a simple litle tool any one could make in 5 minutes , you mean some people struggle instead?

Old 02-05-2010, 07:56 AM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
noticed i said they load like the original thor after they engage the rifling? unlike the fpb that nearly left with my nuts in my boots due to them loading so hard ALL the way down.
Hmmm. I agree they need a good slap to start but the 30 or so that i loaded slid down real easy after that. I must have got a hold of some that were easier than you got MD. But I decided to let someone else try them and see what they thought. So I gave some to my kid and showed him the technique I use. He was able to load them without a problem. My conclusion from this experiment is that an 11 year old boy who weighs 100 pounds can load an FPB, even without pre sizing them, That's exceptable to me. Lee's presizing sounds like an even better way to go, That way you don't have to worry about accidently racking yourself with each step.MD maybe Building a simple tool is better than messing up your tools

Old 02-06-2010, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wink

I have also shot over 30 or more of these FPBs and once they are past the crown, they fun down the barrel very smoothly. But getting them started is a pain in the woods!

I do like the idea that Lemoyne put out there about pre-starting a bunch of them prior to going into the woods. It works.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seems to me thor would be ahead of the game in making a tool themselves..